Mac Mail and Entourage

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Tuned MP5T, Jan 28, 2005.

1. Tuned MP5T macrumors regular

I read that this isn't a good combination and that you tend to lose emails. I'm just want some feedback on this if possible. Also can someone tell me how to arrange Entourage using Mac Mail. The Apple website doesn't give clear cut details.

2. kgarner macrumors 68000

kgarner

May I be the first to say...huh? What do you mean by arrange Entourage using Mac mail? I don't get it. I think you would be better off just using Entouage and syncing your Address Book and iCal and so forth for those programs that integrate with them. But I don't think that is what you mean.

3. dswoodley macrumors 6502a

what he said. What exactly is it you are trying to do?

4. Le Big Mac macrumors 68020

Le Big Mac

i assume dot-mac (.Mac) email and entourage.

Why would it not work? Isn't .Mac just an IMAP email account, which entourge handles without problem.

5. Tuned MP5T thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry for the confusion but that was blurted out quickly. So I can use Entourage to read my .Mac mail without any problems?

6. kgarner macrumors 68000

kgarner

Yeah it should work perfectly. It always did for me until I switched from Entourage to the Mail/Address Book/iCal option.

7. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

Easy to do. Just create a new identity or you could just have .mac email auto forward to another email account.

8. kgarner macrumors 68000

kgarner

Even easier is to add another account to your Entourage identity. Entourage (and Mail for that matter) can check multiple accounts simultaneously. I had Entourage (and now Mail) checking like 5 accounts that I have including Hotmail, IMAP, and POP based accounts. If I remember right it is under Tools > Accounts. That or its in the Preferences, I haven't used Entourage in a while.

9. Solafaa macrumors 6502a

Solafaa

You will have no problems, .Mac should work without any problems. Why use Entourage when you can use Mail ;)