.Mac Mail down yet again

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Ted13, Dec 8, 2006.

1. Ted13 macrumors 6502

:mad: I don't know what's been going on this week, but practically every time I've tried to log into webmail.mac.com this week it has been out of commission, including right now.

Worse, now .Mac is out through mail.app as well (won't recognize my password, which is the usual outage symptom).

The .Mac support page admits that there have been a few outages this week for "some" or 4% of users. I guess I'm "some" -- is it a geographical thing?

Anyone else experiencing this? I, Cringely claims that Earthlink is losing 90% of its e-mail right now. Is there some sort of industry wide e-mail problem going on right now that isn't being covered?

Does GMail ever cop out? Thoughts appreciated.

Ted

2. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

I've not had any problems with .Mac Mail for ages to be honest*– and checking it now everything's working perfectly.

I suppose I've been lucky so far to find myself in the 96%...

3. aricher macrumors 68020

aricher

Working for me - been sending receiving email all day with no problems.

4. bigboy99 macrumors 6502

I get asked at least every other day for my .mac password. I use Earthlink, and have never missed an email, but yesterday it was very slow. I unchecked and rechecked "enable account" in Mail Preferences and it seemed to clear up the issue. gMail is off and on from time to time, as well.

They're all only slightly better than cell phone service.