.Mac mail: Exceeding 400 Recipients; Error 4.0.0

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by omeletpants, Dec 14, 2006.

1. omeletpants macrumors regular

I am receiving this error message on my .Mac account. I have tried to contact the .Mac support team via email, but they don't reply. Also there is no .Mac phone support. Anyone know how to get .Mac to reset my account?

2. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Are you saying that you sent out 400 emails and now mail gives you an error?

Have you deleted the sent mail folder?

Bless

3. omeletpants thread starter macrumors regular

>>>>Are you saying that you sent out 400 emails and now mail gives you an error?<<<<<<

No, I sent an email out with about 6 photos and that was enough to have the idiots at .mac censor me

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Maybe a bit more background, mate. You sent one email with six photos to X recipients, and you got back this error message. Does the error show up each time you send something now? If so, post a screenshot of the error message for us, it might help. :)

5. omeletpants thread starter macrumors regular

I was sending some photos to my buddy in Aussie and apparently exceeded some 10mb limit. Just received a message from .Mac support basically saying I am banned for 24 hours from sending any emails and if I did that the 24 hour restriction would start again.

I have seen your name on this forum for the year I have had my Mac and I appreciate that you try to help people. I'm getting fed up with Mac in general. it's a great machine if you want to avoid viruses but outside of that the product is a disaster. iPhotos may be the worst piece of software ever written. The origional version ran like a pig so I upgraded to the latest iLife version and it still runs like a pig except I have lost 70% of my liabrary. The Mail program stopped spell checking. Who can get a printer to work correctly. Oh, and try to play a video. It's a crap shoot it you can get it to play. I very disillusioned about Mac. It's usability is purely a myth.

6. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Different people have different needs. I use both XP and OSX and I find the latter far more user friendly in the majority of cases. However, you've gotta use what comes easiest for you. I haven't seen this error come up before except when it was relevant (some kid trying to spam his school's address book). I have to say, I'm a bit surprised you're having these issues. If you post them up here individually (maybe a thread for each), then we might be able to work through them for you. As for this particular issue, I think you need to talk to Apple (and particularly the .Mac department) about this one. I don't think it's necessarily a problem with your Mac so much as their email supply service.

Using a Mac should be easy and carefree. Hopefully we can get you to that stage in no time. Good luck mate. :)

7. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king