Mac Mail Problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Bluto, Feb 11, 2003.

1. Bluto macrumors newbie

Hello all,

I bought my first ever Mac last weekend, a 17" iMac 800mHz, 80G, SD and 256RAM soon to be 768. I'm impressed. Anyway, I have a problem that I can't figure out. Even though I have Rich Text selected as the format to use when composing, the recipients of my email get it as plain text. I have used several different fonts that most machines should have installed such as Arial, Georgia, Comic Sans, etc and still have the same problem. I'm using OS X Mac Mail. Does anyone know what could be the problem?

TIA
    Bluto

2. alex_ant macrumors 68020

alex_ant

Are you replying to emails that have been sent to you in plain text and you have the "Use the same message format as the original" box checked in the Composing section of Mail.app prefs?

3. Bluto thread starter macrumors newbie

4. alex_ant macrumors 68020

alex_ant

5. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

What sort of program is the receiver using? Are you sure they are capable of viewing .RTF?

6. Bluto thread starter macrumors newbie

One was Yahoo online and the other to Lotus Notes.

7. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Maybe they have "plain text" formating selected and their setting is over riding yer setting?

For the hell of it send a RT formated email to LethalWolfe@kimery.net and I'll see if it arrives as PT or RT.

Lethal

8. Bluto thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for checking for me Lethal. I installed Eudora tonight and I'm not having a problem with that. I may switch to that. If anyone comes up with something I would be interested in hearing the solution.

Thanks

9. mangoman macrumors 6502a

mangoman

I'm suspicious of Mail LOSING my mail... but I haven't made the time to round up specifics.
    I really don't wanna switch back to Entourage -- DON'T MAKE ME DO IT, APPLE! :D