Mac Mail Problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by andrewsexton, Feb 26, 2007.

1. andrewsexton macrumors newbie

Hi,

My MACMAIL doesnt open automatically. Basically I have to click on window then message viewer. Any ideas?

Andrew

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Are you closing the program by hitting Command-Q? If you close it by hitting the red button in the upper left corner of the main window, you're not actually closing the program, just the window. Mail should still know to open the main window if you then click on the icon again, but I'm wondering if that's contributing to the issue.

3. andrewsexton thread starter macrumors newbie

Mac Mail

Hi,

I'm not closing the program i'm trying to open it from the desktop. Any ideas? Can I download MacMail anywhere for a fresh install?

Andrew

4. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Right. I'm just trying to figure out if something you're doing when you close the app (if you're actually even closing it at all when you think you are) is contributing to problems when you open the app.

It could be a problem with the com.apple.mail.plist preference file. It's in <your user name>/Library/Preferences. You could try moving that to your Desktop and then opening Mail to see if that fixes things. But that will (at least temporarily) destroy all of your Mail settings, so it would be nice if we could find a solution that didn't involve removing that file.