Mac mail question

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by GetGo, May 2, 2004.

1. GetGo macrumors regular

How do I get my yahoo mail to come into the mail program that came with my ibook? I was reading in Yahoo mail and I thought I read it would cost me $3.99 a month for this. Is this correct if so why, I should be able to read the mail anywhere I want. I need some help please.....

2. DGFan macrumors 6502a

This is correct. Yahoo is providing the service. And they can provide it in whatever fashion they want.

The free service is a web mail account. That means you have to read it through your web browser. The reason it can be free is due to those beautiful ads that take up half the screen. If you download the mail into a mail program they don't make money from advertising. So, to use their POP3 or IMAP service (not sure which they have) they will charge you an extra fee.

3. GetGo thread starter macrumors regular

What you say makes sense, but I thought someone would find a way to do it without paying. Thanks for the explanation.

4. GetGo thread starter macrumors regular

Are there any other mai accounts that are free that I could forward to my mac e-mail? Or are they all the same?

5. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

www.spymac.com
    www.mymacmail.com