Mac Mail - Sorting Columns

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Mad101daN, Aug 12, 2009.

1. macrumors newbie

Hi

Having switched recently from Entourage to Mac mail, there is one thing that i am missing and would like some help.

I have a large inbox and normally find mail by clicking on the "From" column header, to sort the by the names of people sending me mails. Using entourage I would then press "d" on the keyboard to take me the first name begining with d.

However in Mail when I press d, it takes me to the first email in which the subject line starts with a d. How do I get it to take me to the first name begining with d ?

Hope that makes sense.

Cheers

Dan

2. macrumors newbie

Me too

I'm looking for the same answer. Been Googling it for a while this morning. Quite frustrating. Anyone have any ideas?

3. macrumors 6502

not honestly sure you can. I've tried that too over the years but never figured it out.

4. 1ne
    macrumors regular

weird.... I just checked my mail and when I click on From then click on X, it would take me to the first X on the email. Same thing if type E, it would take me to the first E.

Are we talking about the same thing?

5. thread starter macrumors newbie

I just checked, if I have nothing sorted, ie just the order the mails arrive, and I press say d it will take me to the first d that appears in either the name column or the subject one.

I would just like it to ignore the subject column.

Any ideas ?

6. macrumors newbie

I'm also looking for an answer to this. Has anyone figured out a solution?