1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

.Mac Mail & Subfolders

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by edesignuk, Aug 14, 2002.

1. Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

I don't believe it! I've just paid $50 for a full .Mac subscription and now I discover that I can't even have subfolders in my inbox! What gives!?!
    I get an error in Entourage saying that the server does not allow subfolders and just to make sure it wasn't an Entourage problem I set the account up in Outlook Express in WinXP (Sorry all :)) and that does the same thing.
    I can't believe it! After all it's not like it's a FREE service anymore where you should just be happy with whatever you get, I'm paying for this!

2. Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Hmmm...just create them external to your Inbox, but still within your account.

That's what I do in Mail.:)

3. Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Fair enough, that seems to work, but I'm still very suprised that you cannot have subfolders.
    For a service that you pay for it really should be fully featured, especially with such basic features as allowing subfolders.

4. Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

It does seem odd. I can do it with my other POP and IMAP accounts, but not Mac.com.

5. Moderator emeritus

AmbitiousLemon

i have about 7 sub folders. no problem. using mac os x 10.1.5 and mail.app.

6. Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

…w/ a Mac.com account?

7. Moderator emeritus

AmbitiousLemon

yup

8. Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Very odd. Is that with the "trial account" or the full .Mac one?

I can only create folders wiithin the account, but not child folders in the Inbox.

9. Moderator emeritus

AmbitiousLemon

full

10. Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

That's wild.

Let me check Mail.app 1.2 on 10.2 when I get home...

11. Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

How did you create them? I've just setup my account in mail.app and can't even see an option anywhere to create subfolders.
    There is a 'New Mailbox' option in the Menu > Mailbox > New Mailbox, but that does not create a subfolder inside the Inbox.