Mac Mail Vs Enotourage

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by Hackcomic.com, Mar 2, 2004.

1. Hackcomic.com macrumors regular

I was using Outlook Express until I got my new G5- now I am trying the included Apple mail. How have people found this mail? I like the fact that it syncs with my address book, which syncs with ical and my Palm T- but I'm not too crazy about the way the program looks and I also can't figure out how to send HTML mail- or at least change backgrounds and font colors and sizes like I could with Outlook. Is there a way that I am not seeing? Has anyone compared Entourage to the included Apple mail program?

2. tomf87 macrumors 65816

tomf87

Under Mail -> Preferences -> Composing

Change it to Rich Text and you can add URLs and other fonts.

3. Hackcomic.com thread starter macrumors regular

Yep, did that- but I still can't see how you can change background colors in the mails. As much as I hate microsoft it seems a bit easier to use. Although I would rather stick with all apple.

Also, when adding mailing list type stuff- and I have 100 or more address I don't want to have to make a "card" for each one. I would like to cut and paste all the address into Apple mail and thats that- but it doesn't seem like I can.

Change it to Rich Text and you can add URLs and other fonts.[/QUOTE]

4. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I use Entourage because my Mail doesn't work.

I wonder if anyone that is currently using Mail is having any trouble. My wife has been using Mail since it was introduced. Yesterday hers is acting like mine. When she clicks on the icon on the Dock nothing happens. The Mail appears in the menu bar. Then uses file to open a new window. Can't download her mail. The Mail program won't quit, she can only leave Mail by doing a force quit. Now the only way for her to get her E.Mail is to use her .Mac account.

Any one else having this problem.

For my problem the Mac Genius last Sunday told me that I'm better off just using Entourage.

5. Hackcomic.com thread starter macrumors regular

So far Mac Mail is working fine for me. Can you use your mac address book with Entourage?

6. jeremyh macrumors newbie

Mac mail works fine for me.

I've never unstood the use of html email. It's just annoying, if anything.

Why do you need to change background colours, text fonts and that just to get a message off the someone? Give me plain text any day.

7. Hackcomic.com thread starter macrumors regular

Well, because I send out a newsletter - and its nice to have some background color to it.

I've never unstood the use of html email. It's just annoying, if anything.

Why do you need to change background colours, text fonts and that just to get a message off the someone? Give me plain text any day.[/QUOTE]

8. Free From PC macrumors member

I have this same problem sometimes. I get stuck on one email and the only way out it to force quit mail. Haven't figured out the problem yet though.

Free

9. 7on macrumors 601

7on

I find HTML annoying. Especially when my mom sends me one with like a hundred smiley faces on a purple background. However, someone mentioned that you can create an html document in another program and attach it to a mail message and send it. I never send out html mail so I wouldn't know.

10. j33pd0g macrumors 6502

I have never used Entourage so I really can't say anything bad about it other then it's M$. I guess that is a reason why I won't use it. But Mail 1.3.3 works great. It is everything I ever needed in a email app. I like the clean and simple interface. I also like not having to pay for it. But I would if Apple came out with a ProMail version.