.mac mail

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by derajfast, Aug 7, 2005.

1. derajfast macrumors 6502a

im using mail 2.0.2 on tiger....when i open up the mail application, i get a little dialog box pop up that says "The SMTP server “smtp.mac.com” rejected the password for user “derajfast” " and then i enter my password (and i know its correct, and no caps lcok isnt on), and i hit enter, and 2 seconds later, the same message pops up.....and when i try to send something, when i open up mail again, it says that it didnt go thru because "invalid domain" or something like that....any help is aprpeciated

2. irmongoose macrumors 68030

irmongoose

Quit Mail and try again an hour later. It happens from time to time and it is just a glitch in the server, probably.

irmongoose

3. derajfast thread starter macrumors 6502a

but ive never been able to send anything via Mail program.....only www.mac.com

4. derajfast thread starter macrumors 6502a

5. Sttesuhc macrumors member

It sounds like your outgoing mail server isn't configured properly. I'm no expert, but it sounds like you're trying to use Mail to send emails using a .Mac account? If you're able to send them through the website but not through Mail, I think some setting(s) in Mail is incorrect.

I've gotten that type of message before, usually just a glitch in the server or sometimes indicative of no connection to the internet.

Just trying to help, though I'm not sure what else to suggest.

6. cardiac dave macrumors regular

cardiac dave

with a .mac account the setup should practically be automatic, but for some reason the SMTP server has never worked for my .mac account either.

Simple solution: Pick up a gmail account - their SMTP server is great and allows email sized up to 20 meg instead of the .mac 10meg.

7. EGT macrumors 68000

EGT

With a .Mac mail account, do you have to reimport all your emails to the inbox or whenever you put in your account details, is it all synced automatically?

When i upgraded to Tiger, i can remember putting in my account info, but somehow all my emails appeared in Mails inbox. I don't remember if i imported anything or not.

Yes, I am stupid.