Mac Media Center Version 0.1 Released

Discussion in 'Mac Scene' started by MacBytes, Mar 18, 2005.

1. MacBytes macrumors bot

Jul 5, 2003
  2. dombi macrumors regular

Jul 8, 2003
    I really like the idea of this app. If it is executed right, this can be big. Just imagine buying a Mac mini, hooking it up to your TV and stereo and be able to watch movies, listen to music, or browse your pictures.

Great idea. I have an older Mac and I would love to make it work with this application and setup.
  3. narco macrumors 65816

Dec 9, 2003
    The screen shots look really cool. Since I have a G5 hooked up to my TV, I think this would work great for what I use it for. Currently I just use a wireless Apple keyboard/mouse in front of the TV, but I want something a little different.

4. mainstreetmark macrumors 68020

May 7, 2003
    Saint Augustine, FL
  5. nathan2301 macrumors newbie

Jul 20, 2004
    Opened and closed for me as well.

But then again it is in alpha stage so I will give these guys a break. Awesome idea though as I am about to buy a nice TV and a Mac mini for this exact reason. So i will be watching this project closely. :D
  6. Flying Llama macrumors 6502a

Flying Llama

Aug 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    It opened and closed for me too, but then I copied it to my hard-drive and it worked.
  7. Fredstar macrumors 6502a

Nov 3, 2004
    Near London
    This will be great with a Mac Mini and once they get a final release. I hope, if this reaches a good enough release stage, that perhaps Apple could sell it on their website or whatever.
    But i am sure Apple are working on something similar as we speak, the Mac Mini has the real potential to be a family Home entertainment computer for the home.
  8. kerb macrumors regular

Jul 26, 2004
    Lancashire UK
    It's going to have to be iLife or a variant of. Either iLife 06 or iLife Media or something along those lines. Maybe a $19 add-on program for iLife 05?
  9. Uma888 macrumors 6502

Jan 10, 2005
    Birmingham, United Kingdom
    This is a very promising application and makes buying the 30" cinema display more feasiable for the average mac user.

i hope apple notices its development and i hope some sort of investment is made......image a OSX media center edition (like WMCE 2005) that would really cheese M$ off