Mac Media Center Version 0.1 Released

Discussion in 'Mac Scene' started by MacBytes, Mar 18, 2005.

1. MacBytes macrumors bot

2. dombi macrumors regular

I really like the idea of this app. If it is executed right, this can be big. Just imagine buying a Mac mini, hooking it up to your TV and stereo and be able to watch movies, listen to music, or browse your pictures.

Great idea. I have an older Mac and I would love to make it work with this application and setup.

3. narco macrumors 65816

narco

The screen shots look really cool. Since I have a G5 hooked up to my TV, I think this would work great for what I use it for. Currently I just use a wireless Apple keyboard/mouse in front of the TV, but I want something a little different.

Fishes,
    narco.

4. mainstreetmark macrumors 68020

mainstreetmark

5. nathan2301 macrumors newbie

nathan2301

Opened and closed for me as well.

But then again it is in alpha stage so I will give these guys a break. Awesome idea though as I am about to buy a nice TV and a Mac mini for this exact reason. So i will be watching this project closely. :D

6. Flying Llama macrumors 6502a

Flying Llama

It opened and closed for me too, but then I copied it to my hard-drive and it worked.

7. Fredstar macrumors 6502a

Fredstar

This will be great with a Mac Mini and once they get a final release. I hope, if this reaches a good enough release stage, that perhaps Apple could sell it on their website or whatever.
    But i am sure Apple are working on something similar as we speak, the Mac Mini has the real potential to be a family Home entertainment computer for the home.

8. kerb macrumors regular

It's going to have to be iLife or a variant of. Either iLife 06 or iLife Media or something along those lines. Maybe a $19 add-on program for iLife 05?

9. Uma888 macrumors 6502

This is a very promising application and makes buying the 30" cinema display more feasiable for the average mac user.

i hope apple notices its development and i hope some sort of investment is made......image a OSX media center edition (like WMCE 2005) that would really cheese M$ off