mac might give me a new iPod!!

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by phreakout13, Jan 15, 2004.

1. phreakout13 macrumors 6502

phreakout13

hi
    A few days ago I posted a thread about how my computer wouldn't recognise my mac. I only got 1 post (thanks guys) so I decided to do some research. I went to iPod lounge and it seems this is quite a common problem with iPods. Many of the people who had this problem got their iPods replaced no questions asked. This one guy brought his to the apple store and after 20 minutes, they came out of the back with a new iPod for him without even asking for a receipt. I plan to go to the apple store in Boston next weekend to have them take a look at it or maybe give me a new one. When I first got it, I decided to let it get a little scratched so I wouldn't get obsessed, but now I have regrets. A new one would be nice. Do you think they'll give me a 15gb (I have a 10) or will they give me a left over 10 one they're trying to get rid of? Thanks!

2. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

hmm. i had a similar problem, but no apple store close. so i arranged for service (the guy was a dick on the phone-- basically claimed i was lying when i said System Profiler saw the iPod but not Disk Utility)... will be nice to get it fixed tho...

anyway, in answer to your question, if at all possible it'll be replaced with the same size that you had...

paul

3. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

First of all its not mac, its iPod if thats what your referring to. If your problem is your iPod not showing up on your mac you might need the software reset. However I doubt they will give you a new iPod without a really good cause, they will usually try to fix these things. Well good luck.