Mac mini (1.66GHz and 1.83GHz) benchmarks

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Sep 20, 2006.

1. MacBytes
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors bot

2. QCassidy352
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors G3

QCassidy352

it's a shame they didn't have equal RAM in the two machines (they had 2 GB in the 1.83 and 1 GB in the 1.66). Woulda been so easy, and then the machines would have been perfectly equal.

Results are basically as expected... you see about a 10% boost when processor is the limiting factor.

The real benefit to the last mini update was making the low-end mini a very viable choice by going from 1.5 solo to 1.66 duo.

3. MacSA
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 68000

MacSA

If you could find the old 1.6dual core superdrive Mini going cheap, that would be a better deal.

4. 7on
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 601

7on

The refurb store had them a while back for $649. The roommate got one.

5. Chealion
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors regular

Geekbench needs only 100MB of RAM, so that so long as 100MB are free you can compare computers more easily.

6. Dont Hurt Me
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Cool indeed and it makes me happy that I just ordered a 1.66:) A dual 1.66 in a mini is just terrific if you ask me. GMA950 Im not thrilled about but it will have to do. We have a 1.42 now for 1.5 yrs and its been a great little machine. Its my womans and since lightning took out my crappy PC.....

Mini's are just cool:cool: As much cpu horsepower as a dual 2.0 G5! yeah baby yeah!