Mac mini: 30 day free trial?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by zelmo, Aug 30, 2005.

1. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

Did a search but didn't find any other threads on this.

How long has Apple been offering this deal?

2. g4cubed macrumors 6502a

g4cubed

It must have just started. This is the first I heard of it.

I just may have to test drive one...

3. iMatt mini macrumors 6502

I bet you have to pay them and then they give you your money back if you send it back. They're not just going to give it to you. :p

Edit: Just read the bottom, you actually have to purchase a Mac Mini, a mouse and a keyboard and then they just allow you to send it back before 30 days if you don't like it.

Not that great of a deal.

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Wow. That's very game/trusting of them. :eek:

I think it could actually be very effective though. The easiest way to switch people is to overcome their ignorance and let them use OSX IMO.

5. g4cubed macrumors 6502a

g4cubed

Powermac666,
    I see you have a might mouse in your shopping cart. I started clicking around after opening your link and was able to see you shopping cart order.

6. danny_w macrumors 601

The fine print also says that the mini has to be a standard, non-bto model. Sure hope nobody orders a bto and then tries to return it later.

7. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

And now I know your real name too. ;)

8. iMatt mini macrumors 6502

Good thing Apple Requires you to login. Or you'd have some credit cards to cancel. :eek:

9. zelmo thread starter macrumors 603

zelmo

Aww, you guys wouldn't have taken advantage of an opportunity like that, would you?...hello....hello?.....<envisions reaction to next cc statement> :eek:

10. zelmo thread starter macrumors 603

zelmo

And before you ask..No, I'm not the deceased opera guy. ;)

11. iMatt mini macrumors 6502

I wouldn't, but I'm sure some would. I mean, this is the internet. :rolleyes:

12. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Way too uncultured to know what you're talking about. And for the record, I accidentally came upon your name. I wasn't going through your personal info or anything. That'd be rude. :(

13. zelmo thread starter macrumors 603

zelmo

No, no, never thought that was the case, mad jew. I mean, I'm the dumbass who didn't think through the fact of posting that particular link. :eek:

14. g4cubed macrumors 6502a

g4cubed

PM666
    Fixed my quote link to go to the mini page. Hey at least we caught it early ;)

15. iMatt mini macrumors 6502

Errr..No you didn't. The link is still there in #5. :confused:
    Edit: You changed it, but I can still see his cart in the view cart.
    Just remove it, I posted a clean link.

16. iMatt mini macrumors 6502

This link should be all clear. I've never signed in on my new Mac yet. :)

17. g4cubed macrumors 6502a

g4cubed

Errr... Try it and see. I fixed it a bit after I posted. ;)

18. zelmo thread starter macrumors 603

zelmo

Well, back on topic:

I think it's pretty cool of Apple to offer these deals (saw another with 120 days same as cash) to help nudge people who might be on the fence. I think, once most people give it a fair try, they will see how great the Mac OS is. Can only help sales.

19. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

I agree. These are some great deals. There are also good deals on Mac Mini refurbs, but those don't qualify, for the test drive, obviously.

The test drive seems like a good deal, if people don't abuse it. I hope it sells some more Macs! People are going to fall in love with the Mac Mini, when it arrives at their door. I just hope they don't sell out with this great deal. :)

20. Angelus520 macrumors regular

Cool about the test drive. Not a bad way to get your feet wet with them.

I just picked up a refurb 1.42/512MB/80GB/BT/AE/Superdrive for $599 from the Apple Store on Michigan Avenue. The box said it had some light scratches on it but they must have been pretty light since I can't see any.

I was going to upgrade my TiBook but figured I could put the money towards a faster MacMini with Tiger and iLife '05 to tide me over until the Intel switch.

Now the age old debate over displays comes in. I want to use the mini for DJing in place of my TiBook so I want to get a LCD. I found a cheap one with DVI at Newegg for $212 Link. Either that or the Westinghouse at Best Buy link that I hear you can get for $250 in store. I'd love to get into HD with the 23" ACD or "cringe" the 24" Dull, but can't afford either right now. Suggestions?

21. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I wish that they would go back to the six months same as cash offer. Now that is a real deal.

With my love of the Mac the free trial offer would be of no interest. Besides I would be interested in the BTO option.

22. danny_w macrumors 601

I think the test drive would be a very nice deal if the mini didn't have so many dim vga and dvi static issues (even on Apple monitors). The fact is that with all of the problems the test drive may end up backfiring on Apple. I really think that they should have addressed these issues long before now. I finally broke down and got a Dell 2005fpw which displays beautifully, but others may not be so forgiving. I hope it works out though.

23. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Had not heard of these issues. All the Mac minis I have seen seem to work well with all sorts of monitors.

24. Maxiseller macrumors 6502a

Maxiseller

We have a Rev A Mini and the display issue does show up on our display - but then agan we did just buy a cheap 15" TFT as it's for my mom and she only uses Office to do word processing and iTunes. (I am very proud to say I got her into and now she loves it!)

My point was though, do you think they fixed the display problems on the Rev B - have we heard anything?