Mac mini a mouse killer?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by CoMpX, Mar 20, 2006.

1. CoMpX macrumors 65816

CoMpX

Hi. Every one. I'm pretty upset now and I don't know what to do. It's kinda long, but here oges:
    My Apple wireless mouse ran out of batteries so I replaced them. Then, the mouse would not reconnect. It would flash like it was trying to connect, then stop flashing. The computer thought the mouse was connected. It was very weird, because the light was off, and the pointer wouldn't move. However, you could click on anything that was under the pointer. I called Apple and we tried EVERYTHING, and finally determined it was a faulty mouse.

So...I went to my local Genius Bar and got it replaced with a new one. They tried my broken old mouse with their PowerBook, and got the same symptoms as me. So I just took home the new one, put fresh batteries in, and tried it out. SAME PROLEM. I think, no way. Two mice can't be faulty. So I tried it with my iBook, and still, the new one had the same symptoms as the old one.

Now, my question to you is, what is going on? I thing the only logical explanation would be that the Mac mini is doing something to the mice, and then destroying them, which would explain why they don't work on other Macs.

Anyone have a problem similar to this? I am really at a loss as to what do do now.

2. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

Are you sure the people in the store didn't accidentally give you your old mouse back again?

3. CoMpX thread starter macrumors 65816

CoMpX

I though of that, but I'm positive. My old mouse was scratched and the new one had the plastic wrap on it and everything.

4. calebjohnston macrumors 68000

calebjohnston

I'd go back and have them test that one. That seems very strange to me. Maybe you should bring your mini with you too.

5. CoMpX thread starter macrumors 65816

CoMpX

OK, I'll have to make an appointment with the Genius Bar. will I need to bring my screen and everything like keyboard or will they be able to supply all that?

6. calebjohnston macrumors 68000

calebjohnston

Just bring the mini, they'll have the rest.

Mini and the mouse and any power cables if they are detachable ones (I've never owned a mini, so I don't know)

7. CoMpX thread starter macrumors 65816

CoMpX

OK, thanks. I will be going tomorrow evening and I will let you know how it goes.

8. CoMpX thread starter macrumors 65816

CoMpX

I'm at the Apple Store and I'm waiting in a VERY long line. Using a MacBook Pro now, it's sweet. I love the feeling of the keys compared to my iBook. I want one now, lol. Anyway, I will post back after the meeting with the genius to let you know how it goes.

9. KD7IWP macrumors 6502a

KD7IWP

10. MrTchMan macrumors member

Your not the only one. I am wondering if it happened again?

11. CoMpX thread starter macrumors 65816

CoMpX

They fixed it. The Genius deleted the mouse from my favorites then repaired it. Go figure, but it didn't work on his PB at first either.

On a separate note, I'm getting ProCare!! Looking forward to the one-on-one training. Anyone have any tips on how to use my membership to the fullest?

12. applefan1997 macrumors 6502

I've used the minis at the Apple store. They work fine, with no probl;ems.

13. applefan1997 macrumors 6502

Oh, I'm sorry. I thought you meant the Wired model.