Mac mini and iPod shuffle in Apple stores?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by debo, Jan 12, 2005.

1. debo macrumors regular

Jan 9, 2004
  2. Taller macrumors newbie

Jul 19, 2004
    Not in Cambridge, but they'll take your name and call you when they are in.

Nice, that.
  3. bachjoy1 macrumors newbie

Jan 11, 2005
    The clerk at Clanerdon (Arlington VA) told me it would be at least two weeks before they get the mac mini in stock.
  4. rueyeet macrumors 65816

Jun 10, 2003
    Even in the keynote, the Mac mini wasn't supposed to be available until January 22nd. iPod shuffles, though, were supposed to be available immediately.

iPod shuffle....sounds like it should be a dance. Hey, everybody, let's do the iPod Shuffle!
  5. hikeNM macrumors 6502a

Sep 29, 2004
    Somewhere close to a dairy in East Texas
    I can't hear the word shuffle anymore without thinking of "The Fridge" lip-syncing. Whoa. Just had an 80's flashback.
  6. Mac1AB macrumors newbie

Jan 11, 2005
    PC convert

I'm currently looking at going from PC to the Mac Mini. Looks like a good price for what you are getting (since I have a montior and wireless keyboard/mouse).

What are the main differences in Mac and PC? I noticed that the processor speeds are lower on a Mac. What would these speeds equivalent to in the PC world?

And the memory and HDD...what if I wanted to manually upgrade that?
  7. macaddictann macrumors member

Sep 23, 2004
    Oh thank god, I thought I was the only one! :D

If I had the balls, I'd go check out the store this weekend, but the Galleria's a colossal pain in the ass, I fear. Besides, even though I want one, I won't be buying yet, and it'll hurt to see them and not buy one. :(
  8. Benj macrumors regular

Oct 9, 2004
    I'm rubbish on processor speeds but I know that Macs are quicker than they sound.

I gather than you cannot easily upgrade either HDD or memory (and it voids the warranty).
  9. debo thread starter macrumors regular

Jan 9, 2004
    We're not here to cause no trouble, we're just here to do the superbowl shuffle.