Mac Mini And Mic.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Aperture, Jun 5, 2006.

1. Aperture macrumors 68000

Aperture

Hello. I just purchased a mini and was wondering if it had a built in mic. like all the other macs.

Thanks, Kevin

2. timswim78 macrumors 6502a

timswim78

Nope, no built in microphone on the mini. If you have an Intel mini, you can plug an external mic into the back of it. If you bought a PPC mini, you'll need to buy a USB device that has a microphone input.

3. iBrow macrumors regular

Nope, but it has a Line In port so you can connect a External Mic. :)

4. Aperture thread starter macrumors 68000

Aperture

Thanks for the info. I don't NEED one but it would be nice to have. Can any of you guys suggest a few specific ones that are good? I got an intel core solo by the way. I probably won't buy one right away, but might within a month or so.

Thanks, Kevin

5. talz13 macrumors newbie

It really depends on what kind of quality you're looking for. I have this and it's not the most luxurious headset I've used, but it sounds good (on both ends), and fits rather well. I would recommend a headset, or use a mic with headphones if you're planning on doing any voice chat, since it really cuts down on the feedback that can start echoing back and forth if you're using speakers.

6. Aperture thread starter macrumors 68000

Aperture

Is this a typo or are those really $5? That has to be because that is REALLY cheap. I was looking for something a little smaller, but do those have a good overall sound? And yes, I will be using it with Skype.