Mac mini and Microcenter

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Nomad, Feb 10, 2005.

1. Nomad macrumors newbie

ok, i see that microcenter still says that minis ship in 1-2 days. the guy at microcenters website says thats the best indicator that they have them in stock and good to go.

has anyone recently ordered a mini from microcenters site? do they actually have them?

if i order from microcenter, i will cancel my apple store order (obviously), but then if microcenter doesnt have them, i will get in at the end of the ever lengthening mini line.

any help here?

im giving myself a headache over this.

2. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

I've been to the Microcenter near me several times recently and they have always had a dozen or so in stock. Bear in mind however that the machines that they carry are base configured - no BTO options on them such as increased RAM, Airport or Bluetooth.

If you're looking for a stock Mac mini Microcenter is a good place to look. They also have some decent deals on displays. My brother ordered his mini from Apple and when it arrived we picked up a 19" flat panel for $300 after rebates from Microcenter.

3. Nomad thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks. that makes me feel better.

one thing though, i live in Alaska, and we dont have microcenter B&M's here. but if the local stores have them, im sure there national warehouse would. people are getting shuffles from there.

i think i will go ahead nad get the mini from them, and ram from newegg. will overall be about 80$ more than my eductional order from apple. but i want my mini THIS month.

yea. im impatient.

4. billystlyes macrumors 6502a