Mac Mini and minidiscs

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by AaronHeth, Aug 23, 2005.

1. AaronHeth macrumors member

Do the combo drives in Mac Minis handle mini discs? I have a few DVD mini discs, but I'm afraid to put them in.

2. xwk88 macrumors regular

3. AaronHeth thread starter macrumors member

Alright, thank you. A friend of mine has a slot loading drive (On some Gateway laptop) and says it worked fine, I wanted to make sure for this though.

4. berkleeboy210 macrumors 68000

correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't there some kind of adapter ring you can buy for 3" Discs? and will the slot-load drives accept these adapters?

5. AaronHeth thread starter macrumors member

I don't know, but it wouldn't really surprise me if there was an adapter, and I see no reason for it not working.

A friend just wanted me to see some of his home video, so it isn't too important. I just had a few discs sitting here and wanted to check before doing anything too crazy.

6. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

Years ago i had an adaptor, the sony CD player i had (one of their first generations) didn't have a small ring so the smaller discs wouldn't play. when Coca-Cola was having some promotion with little discs people complained that they couldn't play the promotional discs and Coca-Cola started giving out the plastic rings to put the smaller ones in to so they played in a standard sized tray.

I would think that there is one, but no way in hell id trust it on my slot loading drive. However if you still want an adaptor.. here is a link.. http://www.bestvalueplus.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&currency=USD&products_id=132

Ed