Mac Mini - Anyone got shipping confirmation yet in the UK ?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by retrospek, Jan 27, 2005.

1. retrospek macrumors 6502

retrospek

Hi all,

My order on the Apple UK website still says 'shipment on or before 28th January'.

I'm just wondering if anyone in the UK has received confirmation yet that the Mini has shipped ? As I haven't heard anything from Apple since I placed the order.

Thanks,
    Mark

2. DrSouthPaw macrumors newbie

DrSouthPaw

3. retrospek thread starter macrumors 6502

retrospek

I still haven't heard anything. So I phoned Apple earlier and was told it would now be next week before they ship to me.

To be honest - this is not a good start with my relationship with Apple. :(

Okay - I know it is only a few extra days (if they do ship next week), but why have it on my order that it will ship 'on or before 28th January' when this isn't the case.

Also, many UK people on the Apple Forums are now saying they have received the Mac or had a shipping notice. Whereas, I ordered before them and still nothing...

Although I'm happy that people are getting the Mac Mini, I do feel a bit like people are queue jumping (although I blame Apple and not the people themselves obviously)...

Mark.

4. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Did you add options? The first ones to ship are almost always the stock ones.

5. Bear macrumors G3

Did you order a stock Mini? Or did you customize it? Also, is it the 1.25GHz or the 1.42GHz? These are all factors that will affect when your unit will be ready to ship to you.

6. retrospek thread starter macrumors 6502

retrospek

I did order some options - but I'm sure the other people who have received them today did as well.

And it still doesn't explain why Apple don't update my order to show the 'true' shipping date instead of just leaving it as 'on or before 28th'...

I ordered the 1.42GHz with 512MB Memory and the Superdrive.

The biggest thing I hate with companies (all of them!) is when they don't keep the customer informed of what is going on. It isn't only Apple that has this problem...

Oh well - I guess I get to play with my Windows XP machine for another weekend :eek: :D :p

7. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

OTOH, you might get the new 8X burner, and the people who already got theirs might have the 4X. And are you sure people who got theirs already got the same upgrades? The DVD burners were improved which might have delayed all Superdrive orders.

8. Bear macrumors G3

Actually the Apple site is back to saying it's a 4x SuperDrive.

9. Bear macrumors G3

Not everyone orders the same options. They are probably doing the 512MB SuperDrive machines in a different batch from the 512MB ComboDrive machines. Also, until the 28th is over, you won't know if Apple made the deadline or not.

On the ship by date, sometimes I'll get an email saying the order is delayed and then a couple of hours later, I'll get a shipping notice.

And talking to Apple, you won't really get someone who knows what's going on. Unless tha actually got a memo (which rarely happens) saying some component is causing a delay.

10. DrSouthPaw macrumors newbie

DrSouthPaw

Shipped!

No email but status changed on store

1.42Ghz / 512MB / Superdrive / Airport + mouse & keyboard.

Not long now.....

Aha! the email! 18:05GMT

11. retrospek thread starter macrumors 6502

retrospek

I'm really happy for you. No honest I am :D

The fact that I'm sitting here with gritted teeth and spitting feathers should in no way make you think I'm not happy for you :p

Maybe Apple will work its way through the list and get to mine today :cool:

I've just checked my online order status and it still says 'open'...When did you order yours ?

12. DrSouthPaw macrumors newbie

DrSouthPaw

9:46AM 12/01 - As soon as I could get on the website as it was hanging all the time.

2-3 business days to arrive....

I'm sure they'll be working into the night. I heard someone got their shipping notice on Wednesday!!!

13. retrospek thread starter macrumors 6502

retrospek

:D :D :D

Guess what has just gone to 'shipped' status :p

Okay Apple - I forgive you :cool:

Can't wait for it to arrive (I can't seem to check the TNT delivery currently)..

Mark.