Mac Mini anyone?

Discussion in 'Macworld San Francisco 2008' started by rdf8585, Jan 11, 2008.

1. macrumors regular

Feb 15, 2006
    If this has been asked, I apologize... but does anyone expect Mac Mini news at MacWorld? Hopefully not a discontinuation, but some spec boosts...
  2. macrumors 68030

Oct 7, 2007
    Not 100% sure but they might merge it with the :apple:tv?
  3. macrumors 6502a

Apr 2, 2007
    Leeds, UK
    I'm probably going to buy a Mac Mini next week, so I'm holding out for news of a potential refresh.
    Since the Mini was refreshed late last year, I'm somewhat doubtful that there's going to be any major refresh on Tuesday. I still hope however that they get rid of the combo drive across all product lines.
  4. macrumors 6502a

Oct 19, 2007
    I really hope they do something nice for the Mini, I would buy one in a heartbeat.

If they discontinue it (let's hope not) I will try to pick one up in the refurb section just so I can have one.
  5. macrumors 6502a

Jan 4, 2006
    Honolulu, HI
    You might be very, very pleasantly surprised after Tuesday ;) ;)
  6. macrumors newbie

Jan 28, 2007

I hope so...I work for a small company and I can bring my work "Mini"
    home over the weekends. It's sweet, running it thru my HDTV - I love it.
    I have an Intel iMac at home for graphics projects etc, but everything else
    (Web, movies, iTunes) runs thru the Mini. Hopefully, Apple will bump it up
    a notch or two and I'll buy one the moment it shows up on their website.
  7. macrumors newbie

Apr 11, 2005
    Allentown, PA
    I hope aso!

I hope there's either a complete revamp or a bump up in speed for the Mini. I am a independent computer consultant and have spoken with three people that would like to buy one (I'd buy a 2nd one if I could) but are waiting for Tuesday to see what Apple's gonna do.

Here's to another Mini!
  8. thread starter macrumors regular

Feb 15, 2006
    Nothing at all on this front. Utterly disappointing.

Yay for the MacBook Air - regardless of size, I wouldn't pay $1800 for a laptop w/o an optical drive. I wouldn't pay half that, even.
  9. macrumors newbie

Jan 4, 2008
    Indeed. Does this mean that they even don't EOL it, but let it bleed to death?
  10. macrumors 68020

May 25, 2007
    Birmingham, UK
    Come to the UK they are charging the equivalent of $2400 for the same device here (£1199). Disappointed that the Mini has missed any update. Maybe one day they'll remember the people that buy a little mac cos it's great at what it does.