Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

asimmd

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 24, 2012
UK
Well my very first Mac arrives tomorrow,Tuesday.

I have ordered different connection adaptors,but until they arrive I will have to use either HDMI to HDMI,or use the adaptor that come with it.

Any idea which would be the best to use.

Alan

poloponies

Suspended
May 3, 2010
Well my very first Mac arrives tomorrow,Tuesday.

I have ordered different connection adaptors,but until they arrive I will have to use either HDMI to HDMI,or use the adaptor that come with it.

Any idea which would be the best to use.

Alan

Not sure what you mean by "best" but if you have HDMI on your monitor/display then go with that. Works great for me on 2 Minis.

asimmd

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 24, 2012
UK
Thanks,I meant which way to connect with all the problems with Black Screens.

My monitor is a Dell S2409W,and it does have HDMI as well as a DVI connection.

Alan

sno1man

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2011
Thanks,I meant which way to connect with all the problems with Black Screens.

My monitor is a Dell S2409W,and it does have HDMI as well as a DVI connection.

Alan

go dvi if you can, specifically a TB or mini display port to DVI adapter (which comes in the box with the mini).

I have one mini that has the blackout frequently when connected over HDMI but has not done it once in 14 plus hours when connected via DVI

asimmd

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 24, 2012
UK
Thank you,the HDMI to DVI that comes in the box I will try first.

I do have a Thunderbolt to DVI adaptor on its way,but I doubt it will be here by Tuesday.

Alan

That-Guy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2012
UK
Running HDMI to HDMI here and had no problems, worth trying first to see if you get any problems.

poloponies

Suspended
May 3, 2010
Running HDMI to HDMI here and had no problems, worth trying first to see if you get any problems.

Exactly. Did it twice with two different TVs via HDMI - no problems at all. Be methodical. If HDMI doesn't work then go to an adapter or a different connection. Don't overlook the obvious.

That-Guy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2012
UK
Only thing I did have to do is run the screen calibration to sort the colours out :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.