Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dutch13

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 8, 2005
Hi all, need a little advice. From the posts, I see alot of people have gotten their minis. I've been thinking of getting a stock mini, but haven't found any online stores that have them available. I even went to an Apple store, but they said there was a wait. Any suggestions. I'd like to avoid waiting if possible.

clayj

macrumors 604
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
There have been a few listed here for sale by others who've decided not to keep them for whatever reason... beyond that, you're pretty much going to have to wait if you want one right now.

ravenvii

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
Melenkurion Skyweir
Looks like it's supply is improving. When I ordered my mini two weeks ago, the expected shipping date was 3/1. It then was delayed to 3/9 :)eek: ).

But lo and behold! Yesterday I got an email saying my mini was shipped! Woo-hoo! And my mini was BTO'ed up the wazoo, too! :D

debroglie

macrumors 6502a
Aug 19, 2004
Philadelphia, PA
If you want stock right away, call the guys at macoutfitters in pennsylvania. They are incredibly nice, and I know that they have the stock models in stock and ready to ship. Also, if you don't live in pennsylvania, no tax!

You can call 724-776-8075 ext.317 and talk to Mike, I have bought a powerbook and a mac mini from him, and have had great experiences with them.

JzzTrump22

macrumors 65816
Apr 13, 2004
New York
Just wait for it. It actually makes it more enjoyable when you have to wait. Order it from Apple. I don't think it will take more than 2 weeks to get.

Dutch13

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 8, 2005
Thanks for all the info! Will give the PA guys a call. It sucks that Apple announces something a month ago and still can't even keep their own stores stocked much less other suppliers. But I guess it's better than if they waited to announce new things...

debroglie

macrumors 6502a
Aug 19, 2004
Philadelphia, PA
Dutch13 said:
Thanks for all the info! Will give the PA guys a call. It sucks that Apple announces something a month ago and still can't even keep their own stores stocked much less other suppliers. But I guess it's better than if they waited to announce new things...

I just e-mailed Mike at Macoutfitters to order another keyboard/mouse set, and also gave him a "heads up" that you may be calling soon. Be prepared to be impressed; they are honestly the best Mac retailer that I have ever dealt with.

sandman42

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2003
Seattle
I ordered my BTO Mini on 1/27, and they said it would ship on or before 2/25/05. It actually shipped on 2/12/05. I've been using it about a week, and couldn't be happier with it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.