Mac Mini buying advice

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by suneohair, Dec 18, 2006.

1. suneohair macrumors 68020

Aug 27, 2006
    I am looking to buy a Mac Mini. And what to get a feeling for what you think some things are worth.

I am thinking a Core Solo stock is worth about ~$400, which is mainly what I am looking for so I can upgrade it with a C2D and Ram over time.

I have a local deal right now for a Core Duo 1.66Ghz from the first gen, so it has a SuperDrive. It also has 2GB of Ram. I got him down to $600. $579 (with EDU) would get me a 1.66Ghz with no SuperDrive and 512MB, thats not including Tax.

So I think $600 is a good deal. I do have to drive pretty far to get it. He also doesn't have the install disks, which as far as I know I can get from Apple, plus I will be buying leopard next year anyhow. So it is not the end of the world. He has everything else.

So, any advice? Anyone think the Mac Mini will see a C2D anytime soon? I won't buy but that should drive the values down. Thanks!
  2. kraftzwerg macrumors regular

Jul 8, 2005
    This sounds like a good deal to me, considering that you get 2GB of RAM.
    What did he do with his discs?
  3. BlizzardBomb macrumors 68030

Jun 15, 2005
    Yeah, it's a solid deal when you consider the extra RAM. As for a new Mini, MacWorld is a possibility, but I wouldn't bet on it.
  4. pianoman macrumors 68000

May 31, 2006
    i expect to see C2D Mac minis at MWSF in January. i would not buy but if you think it's a good deal (which it is, if you don't consider the possibility of an upgrade), go for it.