Mac Mini delays in Europe?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Omen88, Feb 10, 2005.

1. Omen88 macrumors regular

Omen88

I ordered my Mac Mini about a day after its introduction, with its estimated shipping date on or before today. It's still not shipped and I'm wondering if there are delays in Europe (Belgium more specifically).

It should have been deliverable in Europe on January 29. But that was a false promise when I saw my estimated shipping date.

Is this the usual business of Apple to not be able to keep up with the demand? Has anyone in Europe already got his mini?

Currently I'm without a mac, using my girlfriend's laptop PC. I sold my mac for a good price, all cleverly calculated so that this wouldn't hinder with my work for school. But with this delay it's all going wrong.

2. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

sounds about right supply and demand you will get it in the end just keep phoning apple .

your waiting for yours to arrive and there's me trying to sell mine on ebay loads of watchers but no buyer??

i am sure when you get ur mac you will be more then happy with it and you will forget how long it took to get to you

3. Tthx3 macrumors newbie

Apple procrastinates

It seems to be a company policy rather than a temporary problem. Procrastination is part of Apples true character. I ordered a new PowerBook a week ago through a retailer here in Finland. Apple had told the retailer that the PB's would be available for delivery immediately. Now, a week later the retailer still has no idea of when Apple even starts considering actually shipping the stuff to the whole of Scandinavia. I just phoned the retailer and the guy was really pissed off and started telling how otherwise so advanced company can't keep it's promises concerning shipping dates and doesn't care of the damage it causes by not informing people of the delays. This is not the first time it happens, it seems to be an exceptions if Apple keeps it's promises concerning shipping.

I am going to need the PowerBook soon but getting it here ASAP isn't even nearly as important as knowing WHEN I can get it. If they would tell me that they'll be able to deliver it in June, that would be a horrendous disappointment but I could get along with it somehow. However, if they keep giving new promises that they can't keep, that's what directly damages peoples businesses and makes them loose money.

4. redeye be macrumors 65816

redeye be

ordered januari 31st
    on or before march 7th
    Brussels here ;) just hope mine will not be delayed :eek: .
    Macline (a lowlands based mail order apple reseller sent a mailing they had mini's for sale around feb 5th.
    your mini is bound to be near.
    In your case i would indeed keep on calling them. In a (lost) thread about a iPod delivery a guy received major coupons.

enjoy your mini, i know i will :D eventually :eek:

Cheers

EDIT: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=102300

5. Omen88 thread starter macrumors regular

Omen88

One week delay

Delivery has been postponed to 18 february. Just typical.

I can't call with complaints to apple because a friend ordered the computer for me with his visa card. And I can't expect him to complain for me.

I shouldn't have counted on Apple's delivery when having sold my previous mac. I calculated that I would've had my mac mini just at the beginning of the new semester. This is going to be tough as I have a project in Xcode which has to be finished by 7 March.

God I hope the delay won't be months like the horror stories I read elsewhere on the forum.

6. willyhunt macrumors member

willyhunt

Please dont say that mine is showing on or before 7/3. Hopefully its the before bit.

I keep checking Apple everyday to see if anything has changed......... of course it hasn't. But I will continue to check everyday.

7. rogerw macrumors 6502

really odd, i ordered a bto mini at the end of jan (apple web site) and it arrived in less than a week.

8. takao macrumors 68040

takao

ordered mine BTO on the 13th and it says "on or before" 17th feb

but on a few german forums some guys just gotten delay emails from this to next week...boy i hope they can deliver them...

9. jh100000 macrumors newbie

I got mine!

On the day the mini was released, I wandered into the Apple Store in London to buy one with BT+AE+80gb HD. They told me they couldn't do it - i'd have to order online. Wasn't happy but had no choice. Estimated delivery was 3-4 weeks. 28/02 was the date I was given.

Then low and behold it turns up yesterday! Absolutely fantastic it is. I'm only using it as a media server. Got 40gb of music on it and use ARD to access it. Its brilliant!

I got the 1.42g model with 256mb RAM and it performs much better than my 1.2g ibook with 512mb...

I'm well impressed. Such a lovely little box. And now my music is safe at last!

10. Omen88 thread starter macrumors regular

Omen88

That's great to hear. When people start getting them, I should expect mine to come soon as well.

11. rogerw macrumors 6502

excuse for being a bit thick but what is ARD?

12. Omen88 thread starter macrumors regular

Omen88

13. krollster macrumors member

Mini took 4 days to arrive from ordering

I ordered my mini (1.42 with BT and Airport) a couple of Saturdays ago and received it on the following Tuesday (original shipping date was about a month after order date). I never thought Apple would ship something that fast! Unfortunately I couldn't fire it up for a day because the monitor I ordered from another store at the same time didn't arrive until the Wednesday. Longest wait of my life almost...

For those of you in Europe waiting for yours, all I can say is hang in there, you'll be really happy when you get it.

14. rogerw macrumors 6502

there you go, thanks
    btw you should be pleased when it arrives, its not that bad actually

15. Omen88 thread starter macrumors regular

Omen88

Shipped

It finally shipped! I should have it tomorrow or monday. The long wait will make it oh so much sweeter :)

16. takao macrumors 68040

takao

congrats

i hope mine will be shipped today as well...ihope i don't get an delay-email
    'crossing fingers'

arghhh this waiting is horrible don't know what to do those hours left ...

17. redeye be macrumors 65816

redeye be

gelukzak! enjoy it.

18. Omen88 thread starter macrumors regular

Omen88

Werd verdomme tijd! :)

I hope yours will be there soon as well. Maybe a whole batch of them arrived in Europe and yours will be shipped soon.

19. baby duck monge macrumors 68000

baby duck monge

on ebay, huh? you have a link? i, too, would like to be one of those watchers ;)

20. takao macrumors 68040

takao

update: fine... happy feeling is gone now ... delay untill the 24.2

21. Omen88 thread starter macrumors regular

Omen88

I know how you feel... My sympathies.

22. takao macrumors 68040

takao

but i'm hoping for tommorow

lot's of people gotten the 18.2 shipping date with their delayed BTOs so perhaps mine will fit into that plane as well ;)

i really hope it arrives before the 27th...because on the 1st university starts again and i can't drive around with the train all the time ....

23. redeye be macrumors 65816

redeye be

due for march 7th :(

Today, before i left for work i fired up the old XP box to check the mail.
    OMG ... the subject says it shipped ! :D
    let me check the mail, i want to read this as i'm not going to be behind a computer for the hole rest of the day. Outlook not responding :eek: , ctrl-alt-del. Aarg, will have to reboot. Scandisk at startup, <loop> reboot again, scandisk </loop> huh? Damn XP!

Tonight i got home, fired up the winmachine, scandisk and everything works fine (i will have to replace HD, making awful sounds now :( ), read the mail.
    I was right, it was sent out for delivery today, JeeJ.
    Wait a minute, i left a paper in the mailbox thinking it was some local tv-and-everything-else-with-wires-repair-guy's commercial leaflet. Nooooooooo

It was here, missed it by only 2 hours.
    Called and i'll have it tomorrow :D

I guess .be customers will all have theirs soon.

(jipie!)

24. Omen88 thread starter macrumors regular

Omen88

I had mine delivered last week friday :)
    And that was damn time.

Sorry to hear you missed yours!