Mac Mini delays lengthen... RevB soon?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by myamid, Jun 14, 2005.

1. myamid macrumors member

I Ordered a Mac Mini last week and just saw the shipment delay lengthen by 2 weeks... Usually when this happens it's because apple is low on inventory... which also usually mean they're prepping an update to the line.

This is just speculation... Anyone care to chime in?

2. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

i would think they would wait for Paris expo to update these then release the new intel-mac in feb 06 ( announced at macworld 06)

3. crap freakboy macrumors 6502a

crap freakboy

New Ad campaign could indicate the possibility. If they do release the revB I'll probably bite to replace this aging Sawtooth.

4. MacSA macrumors 68000

MacSA

Ohhh, I hope so, i'm looking to switch soon - an iBook or Mac mini :)

5. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

i think the reason they are putting out a new ad would be due to the intel switch - sales are gonna be down and apple need to shift some macs

ad will be about iMac G5 i think and iTunes/iPod

i think new iTunes will be today 9pm UK time hehe :) as with 10.4.2 update too

6. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

With Apple being so secretive, just isn't any real way to know what the delay means. When they upgrade the Mac mini, Steve will want some publicity. The next event will be MacWorld Paris.

7. Jo-Kun macrumors 6502a

but maybe they want to add a 64vram graphics card, let people use coreimage in Tiger...
    not that I care about the eyecandy => the riple effect in the never used dashboard feature (at least by me)...

8. runninmac macrumors 65816

runninmac

There is a whole thread on this delayed shipment and Europe (sp) is at a 2 week wait (i think). Sorry im to lazzy to find it.

9. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

i love the ripple effect and use dashboard all the time :D

10. Willy S macrumors 6502

Just us that are interested in this delay?

I haven´t seen anybody being interested in this delay except for us the forum users. No speculation or news article has been written about it yet to my knowledge.

11. topgunn macrumors 65816

topgunn

Yesterday, they were shipping same business day from the US store. Today, it is a 6-8 day wait. Somethings going on.

12. amac4me macrumors 65816

amac4me

That's been a major concern that I've had since the announcement. I think that Apple should kick off a promotion to prevent the slow of Mac sales as a result of the Intel announcement. Some of my ideas to promote current sales are as follows (I'm not saying to offer all of these, perhaps just one or two):

• Offer a discount on a future Mac purchase to consumers who buy a new Mac right now. I think that a $100 discount would work
    • Offer a trade-up program ... allow a current purchaser to trade-in their Mac for a new Intel based Mac. This will keep sales up and will entice switchers to switch Now as opposed to "Later"
    • Give away 1 year of .Mac for free
    • Give 50% off on Apple Care on the purchase of a new Mac

These are just ideas ... I'd like to see Apple offer a promotion and who knows, I may decide to purchase another Mac if they did :cool: