mac mini fedex delay?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by ruud, Feb 2, 2005.

1. ruud macrumors regular

I ordered my mac mini (BTO) on the day after the keynote. Shipping was originally quoted as "on or before 02/11". On 01/28 I got a shipment notification from Apple, including a fedex tracking number. However, checking that tracking number shows that my mac mini has been sitting in Shenzhen CN without (apparently) any progress.

Any other people have this experience, or should I call fedex to ask what's up?

2. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

It won't hurt to call, but it's possible that FedEx has a deliver-by date that's far enough in the future that they haven't moved the box yet. I assume it's Fed Ex Ground, which is notoriously slow (ironic, given the pretty good record of "regular" FedEx).

3. typecase macrumors regular

I've asked FedEx what's up. My mini has been sitting in China for three days. They attribute this to volume in that there are limited number of flights out of China and due to Apple's pricing arrangement with FedEx, these pallets of Minis and other computers go when space is available. Apparently, there hasn't been much room. :( I'm going out of my mind waiting for this thing. It would have been better to have alerted me after it cleared customs. Now I'm just anxious.

4. ruud thread starter macrumors regular

The deliver-by date quoted by fedex was this morning. :rolleyes:
    Well, seems there is a little bit of progress, the current status is now "Left Fedex ramp", so I suppose that means it's on its way from China.
    I guess I have no reason to complain (too much) since Apple's original ship estimate was on or before 02/11.

5. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Well, I'm happy for you that it's on its way. Hopefully "left FedEx ramp" doesn't mean "put back into warehouse." ;)

6. ruud thread starter macrumors regular

Just as I was getting my hopes up.... :D