Mac Mini & Football Manager 2006

Discussion in 'Games' started by mikejames, Nov 2, 2005.

1. mikejames macrumors newbie

Hi,

this is my first post as I'm new here but this seems like a great place to get info.

I've got a Mac Mini G4 1.42 Ghz with 1 GB Ram.

I've recently ordered Football Manager 2006 and was wondering if anyone knew whether the Mini was high enough spec to run it properly i.e. without compromising the game experience.

Has anyone played this game yet on a Mini?

2. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

There have been a few posts on this and the conclusion is that FM2006 will run swell on your mac mini,

SO go for it......

SHadow

3. pknz macrumors 68020

pknz

It really depends on what your own personal idea of 'gaming experience' is.

Some people can't stand playing without a large amount of leagues, huge database and full detail etc.
    Other people can't stand waiting for the games to be played and only load up the league they intend to manage in.

PS, make sure you get the 6.0.1 update and maybe the latest build of 6.0.1 from http://www.sigames.com

4. mikejames thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the advice,

received the game and am playing it at the moment. The Mini seems to handle it no problem. This game is vast! Never played a football sim with so many stats. Am used to LMA manager on Xbox.

5. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

Yeah, I gave LMA a go on the X-Box but I wasn't that impressed to be honest. A word of warning, though – Football Manger is very, very addictive... ;) :p

6. russed macrumors 68000

russed

yes i agree, i can see my degree going down the drain with it!

7. pknz macrumors 68020

pknz

Yes, very very addictive. Bye bye end of year exam study.

8. russed macrumors 68000

russed

maybe it should come with a warning? everything else seems to!

9. mikejames thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi,

now i'm getting into the game (but am still a relative novice), can anyone tell me the benefits or having loads of leagues running.

Personally I only plan on managing in the English Leagues so am I wasting loading times by having the Spanish, Scottish and Italian leagues running at the same time?

The only reason they are running is because they were the 'recommended spec' when I first started the game. Because I'm a novice at Football Manager I presumed that if I didn't have them running then it would reduce the realism.

Basically what I'm asking is 'do the other leagues have to be running in order for the game to be realistic?'

I aspire to competing in the Champions League and UEFA Cup with the best there are but was not sure whether you had to have those other leagues running (ie Italian, Spanish etc.) in order for those competitions to run.

Please help me! I've played a lot of football management games but am new to the Football Manager/Championship Manager series.

By the way, I'm 3rd in League One in my first season in charge of Swindon Town. (and getting addicted)

10. pknz macrumors 68020

pknz

Yes, the minute you turn off other leagues the ball loses all physics paramaters and becomes beachball like.

And on a serious note, in your case depending on what Mac you have and how many leagues you have running it would probably be beneficial speed wise to have no other leagues that you aren't going to manage in. Having said that you will not be able to see how teams from other leagues are coming.

The advantages of having loads of leagues running is so that you can switch from league to league (ie a career game(start of as a low league manager and work you way up the ranks across many different countries)).

The recommended specs are just a rough guideline on how many leagues your computer can handle at a reasonably fast speed.

Without having other leagues running inter-league competitions such as the Champions League (known as the Champions Cup in FM) and UEFA Cup (Euro Cup) still work. Other leagues teams are still entered although I'm not to sure how the game decides which teams go though as they dont qualify in there own specific league if you don't have it running.

I hope that clears things up.

11. mikejames thread starter macrumors newbie