Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nemesiswar

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 19, 2012
Sweden
Alright so i bought mac mini G4 1,42 Ghz 1GB ram to install MorphOS on.

When the computer arrived and i got it hooked up when i booted the compter a grey screen appeared with a folder in the middle with the finder face flashing taking turn with a question mark. I thought to myself ok no 10.4 Tiger installer no problems, so i tossed in my MorphOS CD and the same screen came up. I tried booting again this time holding down the alt button to get to the boot menu. In the boot menu there is no hard drive or CD to boot from just a refresh button and a go ahead arrow button.

Can someone tell me what is wrong with my computer:confused:

nemesiswar

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 19, 2012
Sweden
Thats troublesome fortunetly i had a 1 month warranty :)

I have to give you many thanks for the help!

skateny

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2012
New York, NY
Thats troublesome fortunetly i had a 1 month warranty :)

I have to give you many thanks for the help!

That's cool. Good for you.

Not everyone knows that, with most purchases, many credit card companies in the states will pay for computers and other products purchased that break or malfunction, even when the owner causes the damage, within the first 90 days of purchase. Also, many credit card companies will also automatically add a year to the given warranty. Most don't advertise these benefits, so you have to do some research.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.