Mac Mini gets stuck on Apple Logo

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by Jeremy1026, Feb 16, 2008.

1. macrumors 68000

I have a 2nd gen Mac Mini that when booting chimes and goto the Apple logo with the circle below it. I tried once, let it go for about 10minutes before holding in the power button and trying again. It's been at this point for about 30minutes. Anyone have any ideas? (More info on my Mini in my sig)

2. macrumors 6502

CJRhoades

Doesn't sound to good. Did you try booting up with your leopard disc inserted? You might have to re-install os x.

3. macrumors 604

Cave Man

Boot from your Leopard/Tiger DVD/CD, then run Disk Utility and do a Repair Disk. As CJ says, you may have to do a reinstall. Bummer for you.

4. macrumors 6502a

cohibadad

My old Powermac did that once. Needed a PRAM reset.

5. macrumors member

Simply Apples way of saying: APPLE, we're here to stay.:apple::apple::apple::apple::apple:

6. macrumors 6502

CJRhoades

Wow, I can't believe I forgot about that. Absolutely try a PRAM reset before anything else.

7. thread starter macrumors 68000

PRAM reset is Cmd+Option+P+R?

Edit - Did it, boots slights faster (bout 5minutes to get to the desktop, + load time for the desktop.) Is it just dieing?

8. macrumors newbie

iMac stuck in many ways!

Okay, similar to other users here, my iMac is stuck on the apple logo, but WITHOUT the rotating cursor. It just sits there till after a min or 2, then reboots itself with the bong, and pops back to the logo till it reboots again. Yes I may to reinstall everything with the OS cds, however, I already have a cd inside which my keyboard won't let me eject. Should the keyboard be able to work during booting up?
    My appreciation to whoever can help.

9. macrumors 65816

dubhe

to eject your CD trying holding down the left mouse button (usb cabled mouse) at startup.

10. macrumors 65816

zmttoxics

Sounds like harddrive issues.

11. macrumors 68040

iLog.Genius

Most likely hardware problems but you could also try to repair permissions, repair the disc and run the Apple hardware test.

12. macrumors 68020

killerrobot

Did / do you have an external HD plugged in when it hangs at the Apple?

My MBP hangs at the Apple if my external is connected and powered on - I guess it's looking for a boot system on the external instead of the internal HD.