Mac mini Graphics card question

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by starla76, Nov 20, 2005.

1. macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I've had my mini since Feb. and I am now trying to run some games. I tried to check under "About this Mac" to see what kind of graphics card I have. (I know its supposed to be a Radeon 9200 with 32 MB of VRAM). Instead of listing that, it lists ATY, RV 280 under "card". There is no "Graphics" catagory at all. I just want to find out what kind of card I actually have and why I can't find it under hardware. Does anyone have a clue about this? Thanks!

P.S. Apple tech support was no help.

2. macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Quicky answered via a search ...

ATI card, and the actual ATI name for the graphics GPU.

Note: Shows up as ATY in the Macs for the Apple installed OEM cards/chips -- and shows up as ATI in their Mac retail cards. Set up to help keep some of the features for the retail card drivers from working with their OEM counterparts.

3. Guest

caveman_uk

I've got a powerbook and it says my graphics card is a 'ATY,RV360M11' which is an ATI Mobility Radeon 9700. Basically ATY is ATI and RVxxxx is a Radeon. Incidently what makes you think you haven't got the same graphics 'card' as other mac minis? All mac minis have built in graphics so it won't have been changed from whatever was the standard when yours was built.

4. thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. I didn't think it made sense that I would have a different graphics card than anyone else. I just wasn't sure why it wasn't showing up. Its just that a game I was trying to run wasn't working properly so I wanted to double check.