Mac mini, how will that affect used-sales?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by slooksterPSV, Jan 12, 2005.

1. slooksterPSV macrumors 68030

slooksterPSV

Ok yeah, the topic is how will the Mac mini affect sellers used Mac sales? I mean if someone has $500 - the only thing used I could see them buying is an iBook or Powerbook. I think this will greatly affect used sales because people will just remark, well I can buy a Mac Mini for $500 + S&H + USB KB, and USB MS (provided they don't have one) + monitor (if they don't have one already, considering it is DVI-to-VGA). What're you guys' thoughts?

2. mcfudd macrumors member

landfill

In terms of used macintosh computers ... they are now downgraded to "landfill" status.

PLEASE RECYCLE... and thank you for shopping at Apple Computer.

3. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

Good question. I was wondering this also. I kinda hope it makes all the used macs a little more affordable, as I am in the market for a bunch of old iMacs to pepper around the house. I also keep my computers till death or donate them to charity. Guess I am biased...

In some cases however, old PMs and Laptops should still hold their prices pretty well as they offer different benefits than the MacMini offers.

I'll guess we'll see...

4. brap macrumors 68000

I'm also hoping this causes the market to shift... same reasons, really - ever since they debut'ed I've wanted an eMac, and never had an excuse, or indeed enough spare cash, to buy one. Of course, I'll not have any spare (or any food!) if I'm unable to resist the burning desire to pre-order a mini.

5. hcuar macrumors 65816

hcuar