Mac Mini in Intel ?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by chint, Jan 26, 2006.

1. chint macrumors newbie

hi,

does any body know if Apple plans to/or have the Mac Mini Available based on Intel Chips ?

thanks,
    AB

2. yankeefan24 macrumors 65816

yankeefan24

well they said that they would make the entire line with intel by the end of 2006. That means that they will either update it to intel, or discontinute it. I don't know how sales are for the mini, but if it has a low sales percentage, they might just end up discontinuting it. i don't know anyone who owns one. But i don't know alot of people who own a mac either so…

3. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

My dream is they would have a high-end Mac Mini, with Core Duo and maybe PVR built in. I would instantly sell my new iMac and get it. I don't like AIO units very much because I like having the cinema displays.

For that reason, I'm a fan of the Mac Mini. I wouldn't mind if they made it a bit larger to fit more into it.

I think we'll see an update in March or April.

4. yankeefan24 macrumors 65816

yankeefan24

april 1 is my prediction for iBooks, mini's, new ipod shuffle, macportable?, and whatever else is new and innovated. 30th anniversary.

5. York-Diuck macrumors member

York-Diuck

I just got one yesterday and so far its great. Hooked it up to a 19 inch lcd I got for $219 canadian and the whole package is quite nice. Very small and from what I can tell so far very little heat generated. I got it for my mom and sister who use it mostly used for browsing, downloading music and watching films, so it doesn't have to bee veyr powerful. A bonus though was that although it said 1.42ghz on the box, it turned out to be 1.5ghz, oh well

6. bevo macrumors regular

Im waiting for an intel mac mini before I buy one.

Know 2 friends with a mini and both love the machine.