Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

miTunes75

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 29, 2006
OK:

When I go into preferences and go into change the desktop/screensaver settings page, it will automatically crash. I reopen and use the same option, it wll crash again. If i choose different options, such as energy, no problem.

What caused me to go into desktop/screensaver? Because after about 5 minutes of idle, the desktop starts to flash. It's so wierd!

I switch over to my wife's account - everything is flawless.

What can I do to correct this? I my mac mini jacked?

or, is there a "system restore" like there is with windows? This started acting up 2 days ago - if i can make it go back to 5 days ago or something, it should correct itself.

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
My guess is you have a screwed up screensaver.

You have 2 choices..

1) Remove anything from ~/Library/Screen Savers/ and log out and log back in, and check the pref pane. (please note, that is the Library folder in your home directory, NOT the root Library).

2) Remove ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.systempreferences.plist and log out and log back in and check the prefpane. Be prepared, however, this will reset ALL your System Preferences.

miTunes75

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 29, 2006
thank you for leading me in the right direction! i fixed it! i deleted the com.apple.screensaver.iTunesArtwork files - works like a charm now :)

I'm appreciative of the help! THanks again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.