Mac Mini modem module?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by hepcat57, Sep 2, 2005.

1. hepcat57 macrumors newbie

Does anyone know if an aftermarket modem module is available for the mini? If not, can this be added at a retail location? Yes, I do have broadband and don't really need the modem for everyday use...but would like to know if the capability is there if it is needed in the future. I have the $699 model and BTO wasn't an option since I wanted to use a corporate discount only available in the brick & mortar Apple Store. Thanks in advance.

2. Huked on Fonick macrumors 6502

Go the apple store, they can get it for you with the modem built in. Might have to order it.

3. hepcat57 thread starter macrumors newbie

Just to clarify...

I already own the $699 model and was looking for a way to have the modem module added onto my existing motherboard. The modem no longer comes standard on the Mini except for the base model. I bought it in person so I could receive my corporate discount, and therefore I chose from the stock models. I am looking to see if it can be added at this point without having to ship it to Apple.

4. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

5. w_parietti22 macrumors 68020

6. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

You could also get the AP Extreme Base Station that has the modem built in. This would let you use your dial up wirelessly as well, since your Mini has APX.