Mac mini ram question...

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by TrumanApple, Aug 1, 2005.

1. TrumanApple macrumors member

Im not sure how to tell what is compatable ram with the mac mini besides going to crucial and selecting the model... i have the REV A 1.42 mini and want a 1gb chip... i saw one on crucial for 124... can anyone find one cheeper that would be compatable... (newegg...) please give me link and model numbers...

thank you guys, (my mini just came this morning from doing ************.com) if you have questions about the site email send me a message and i will link you up (including info)...

2. TrumanApple thread starter macrumors member

is typing in a website that gives you a free mini mac on this site illegal? it edited it as if it were a cuss word... sorry if i wasnt supposed to do that

3. TrumanApple thread starter macrumors member

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Let me get this straight. You want us to find you cheaper RAM?

5. tsk macrumors 6502a

tsk

Yes, you're not supposed to type those sites in here. It's in the FAQ or something. That's why it's edited out.

6. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Or get you more referrals on****.com??

7. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Consider it bookmarked! :D

8. TrumanApple thread starter macrumors member

the thing is, i KNOW that ram is cheeper on newegg, im just not sure which is compatable. I was just asking for some help with compatability issues.

Also, I did not post the site to get me more referalls, i have all mine and have the mac mini in my house so more referalls wouldnt even help me at all, i was just trying to help someone else who is in college and wanted to know of a way to get a free computer.

Sorry if it sounded like a bad post, i just needed help on compatability issues, will any 184 pin ddr pc2700 ram work?

9. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

Just make sure any ram you buy is certified to work on apple hardware. newegg doesnt have the best return policy in the world, but do your homework before you buy and you will be safe.

As far as a free computer goes... nothing is free, especially from those ****.com sites..

Ed