Mac Mini Refresh Soon?

Discussion in 'MacRumors News Discussion (archive)' started by MacRumors, Aug 24, 2006.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

One blog claims that bulk orders for the Mac mini are currently being denied until after Labor Day.

The same blog reported a similar pattern prior to the last Mac Mini update in February. Meanwhile, Appleinsider claims to have independent confirmation of the delay in large orders of Mac Minis.

This timeframe supports earlier claims that Apple would be launching Core 2 Duo (Merom/Conroe) Macs as early in September. The new Core 2 Duo processors are drop-in replacements for existing Core Duo processors which power the Mac Mini, MacBook, iMac and MacBook Pro.

2. macrumors 6502a

I hope it happens soon......that new iMac is sounding nice!!! I think it is obviously coming "VERY SOON." What happened to September 5th? Is that the tuesday after labor day, I think it is....

3. macrumors member

It May Be Time For A Mac For My Entertainment Center

4. macrumors 6502

If there's a dual core base model after 4 September, I'll be very happy...

Roll on 5 September...

5. macrumors 65816

AvSRoCkCO1067

This article refers to the Mac Mini, not the iMac...

6. macrumors 6502a

Just taking a guess that it also includes the iMac, well praying :eek:

7. macrumors 65816

AvSRoCkCO1067

Is Conroe pin-compatible with the iMac, though? I didn't think it was...and I definitely think that Apple should try to get a Conroe chip in that computer (or else release a mid-sized tower).

8. macrumors 6502a

man i'd love for them to include "old" yonah based chips and release a mini for $300-$400. i just want the cheapest intel rig i can buy right now as i'm "mid-cycle".

9. macrumors 6502a

HecubusPro

I hope this coincides with MBP product refreshes with merom. The excitement is palpable.

10. macrumors 6502a

HecubusPro

I thought Yonah and Merom are basically the same cost-wise. That's why everyone thinks including merom in new systems won't raise the price of those systems. I could be wrong.

11. macrumors 65816

AvSRoCkCO1067

They will be - at least initially - but Intel will undoubtedly lower prices on the Yonah chips shortly, making a cheaper Yonah-based Mini feasible.

12. macrumors 68000

MacSA

Finally some Mac Mini rumours :D ..... lets hope this turns out to be correct. I wonder what specs we'll see in the next update, Surley no more Core Solo? :eek:

The article mentions Core 2 Duo, but I bet they stick with Core Duo. everything else will be the same.

13. macrumors 604

zap2

I'd be shocked if we saw Merom based Minis before Merom based MBP and MB.. maybe a Core Duo upgrade, to hold us over? A price drop and high speed Yonah?

OR wishful thinking from someone who doesn't want his Core Duo Mini to seem old(even though its not)

14. macrumors 68030

The Amalgamated States of Central North America
    finally a rumor!

after weeks of speculation on the forums, a front page rumor feels fact!

holding my thumbs for a conroe imac! (a swedish expression...i think?)

15. macrumors member

I hope this means they'll update the Macbooks too, mac mini with Core 2 Duo and not in the macbook would be strange!!!

I can understand the macbook pro being updated on it's own but the mini???

16. macrumors 68020

i hope theres a new mac mini soon id plan to get one but i plan to put boot camp on and play my matrix online and i pray this version does not have shared graphics cause for my game it is herendus playin the game

17. macrumors G3

QCassidy352

the new intel integrated graphics isn't ready, is it? So these will be merom minis with a GMA 950?

18. macrumors 68030

.Andy

Almost shelled out Monday for a top of the liner mini. Glad I didn't get around to it. A 2 Duo in the low end and it will make a fantastic media center. Even better if they include a superdrive (unlikely :(). Have to wait and see....

19. macrumors 68020

sunfast

One day I'll buy a mini - they look so sweet. And with a C2D they'll go sweet too!

20. macrumors 68000

MrCrowbar

Maybe dual optical drives like the Mac pro. This is getting standard on Macs obviously.

:p

21. macrumors regular

I cant wait for the new macbook to come out! I am gonna get it the first day.

22. macrumors regular

Dual Optical Drives?

The only Mac that currently has the dual optical drive is the Mac Pro. I would not think that the iMac and Mini would get a dual as well. But I will admit that stranger things have happened.

23. macrumors demi-god

Zwhaler

All I can say is thank god...

24. macrumors 68040

Killyp

Like this?

[​IMG]

gawd i hope i don't get banned for that!

25. macrumors 68030

New Mac minis you say? Bring 'em on! :D I love those little guys.