Mac mini resell price?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by brofkand, Jun 22, 2006.

1. brofkand macrumors member

Jun 11, 2006

I have a Mac mini 1.42GHz/Combo/APE/BT/80GB/1GB and I'd like to sell it. I'm not soliciting sale on this forum however, so please don't flame me. I applied to sell this machne to MacofAllTrades, and they offered me $300 for the machine with an Apple keyboard and mouse. It seems a little low to me, since i have about $750 invested in the machine. But, since it's pretty obsolete now it may be a decent price.

My question is: would i get more money selling on eBay, or is MacofAllTrades a better option? Thanks!
  2. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

Dec 19, 2004
    You would probably get a better price on ebay. Used Macs seem to go for very high prices their. Remember MacofAllTrades is a reseller. They have to take the used mini test it clean it up and remarket it. They will low ball you because they need to make a profit.
  3. brofkand thread starter macrumors member

Jun 11, 2006
    Thanks. I understand they need to make a profit, but $300 seems very low to me.
  4. zap2 macrumors 604

Mar 8, 2005
    Washington D.C
    300 is low for an offer now, but honestly you can't expect much(maybe a good amount from some not so bright person on ebay) but really you can get a Core Solo Mini(faster , more Max RAM) that is used from Apple Refub for 519(at one point)(and i'm sure someone will point out the IIG in the new minis, but thats only one thing, and in some places GMA 950 is better then the old Mini's GPU)
  5. brofkand thread starter macrumors member

Jun 11, 2006
    I wasn't going to sell it to buy another mini, I was going to sell it because I bought a MacBook and no longer need it.
  6. NYmacAttack macrumors 6502

Dec 8, 2005
    I would go the ebay route as you will at least get market value on the machine. But you could always use it a s a nice quiet server. :)
  7. Josias macrumors 68000

Mar 10, 2006
    Also, you may have some friends/family that would be interested in switching? But otherwise I would seel it on eBay...:D