Mac mini rev. A, how long to wait to work out kinks?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Chip NoVaMac, Jan 18, 2005.

1. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Other than waiting for the rev. B; how long can we expect to wait for minor "slipstream" fixes to the hardware design to be addressed?

2. jackieonasses macrumors 6502a

jackieonasses

Now usually i will say something like, "it's a desktop there isn't that much that could go wrong. Then the G5's had some fan problems so, wait for the first results. See how people are satisfied with them. Then go for it. You can get it repaired if it is jacked up.

kyle

3. aswitcher macrumors 603

aswitcher

If you mean, when will we see a Rev B...I guess near the end of the year, perhaps a few months out from Christmas to try and catch sales then.

I wouldn't expect too much...maybe a 100 gig HDD option...maybe a slight speed bump (1.5Ghz)...hopefully a 64 Meg video card option or even standard...maybe, just maybe, an extra ram slot (but I doubt it)...likely a small price drop OR improved features for the same price...

4. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Considering it's just another variant of the iBook/PowerBook board using most of the same components -- it's doubtful there should be too many problems with it.

The eMac just switched (4/2004) to this same DDR chipset from the SDR PowerMac G4 chipset, and nobody really even noticed -- or asked when the Rev B would come out.

So Apple really has a lot of experience with this chipset and how to use it in tight places.

5. Chip NoVaMac thread starter macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

No, I was referring how long to wait till it was "safe" to buy the rev. A. My thoughts are to wait till Tiger is released at least.