Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mxsix

macrumors member
Dec 28, 2006
Haha a Celeron with 256 RAM. That thing can barely run Windows.

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
To be fair, the wireless is 8x faster than the Mac's... :rolleyes:

wifibg.jpg

Fleetwood Mac

macrumors 65816
Apr 27, 2006
Canada
Did anyone see the "warrenty void if seal broken sticker"?

Holly crap, can you imagine having to have a computer like that and not even be able to take of the hideous yellow sticker on the back?? I really couldn't care less if they want to tap into some of that great mini action, but don't fix something that isn't broken.

iPegboy

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2003
Detroit
i wish there was a place that you could view how many of a certian product has been sold worldwide. because i want to know how many people have bought this turd of a computer.

savar

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2003
District of Columbia
Well once again someone has ripped off an Apple product, and they are even using Mini in the name.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?sku=SYXS-MP-023362&CMP=EMC-TIGEREMAIL&SRCCODE=WEM1270OP

This is getting pretty sad. Also if Apple legal is not all over them for this I will be VERY surprised.

Christopher

Yawn. "Mini" is an English word that means something smaller than usual. I don't think Apple legal can sue over the name "Mini PC"...or at least I hope they can't.

To me, the idea of putting a computer in a very small package is so obvious that it doesn't constitute invention...the actual engineering to get it into that package might be patentable, as its certainly not trivial.

PTO runaway...

Tarkovsky

macrumors 6502
Jan 4, 2007
London/Norwich
Its ugly, it unoriginal and its certainly not very smart... I feel a bit sorry for it. Whose ever gonna love that hunk of junk?

I think someone should buy one and give it a celebrity modover.

Sam0r

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2005
Birmingham, UK
I'm sorry guys, but I'd like to see all of you that are complaining that this looks like the mini to come up with a design, thats as compact as this that DOESN'T look like the mini.

I think it looks quite nice actually, possibly better looking than the mini.

Right now, the only thing stopping me from buying a mac mini is dual display or tv-out (I only use my other display for movies).

So, feature wise, this is actually better than the mac mini.

Although, I wouldn't buy one due to the celeron part.

dpaanlka

macrumors 601
Nov 16, 2004
Illinois
I'm sorry guys, but I'd like to see all of you that are complaining that this looks like the mini to come up with a design, thats as compact as this that DOESN'T look like the mini.

I think it looks quite nice actually, possibly better looking than the mini.

Don't confuse simply being small with looking like a mini. There are plenty of small form factor PCs out there that do not look like a mini. This thing looks like they literally lifted the mini design right off the blueprint, traded the aluminum for black plastic, and moved the power button from the back to the front. It's all in the design cues.

combatcolin

macrumors 68020
Oct 24, 2004
Northants, UK
Looks OK to be honest.

I wouldn't buy one, but then i wouldn't buy a Mini unless i found one really cheap.

Of course, this being the Soviet Union of Macrumors, the above statement will see me get 15 years in the gulag for breaking with the official party line.

;)

patrick0brien

macrumors 68040
Oct 24, 2002
The West Loop
What I find curious is that this is being sold by the very company (TigerDirect) who attempted to block Apple from selling OS X 10.4 under the 'Tiger' moniker 2 years ago.

Interesting, no?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.