Mac Mini Ship times

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by bpd115, Jan 12, 2005.

1. bpd115 macrumors 6502a

bpd115

My fiance just ordered a 1.25 80 gig with airport. Yesterday it was delivery by the 22nd, now it's 'ships in 3-4 weeks'. Look like Apple has a hit on it's hands.

2. aricher macrumors 68020

aricher

Same here - I ordered a couple for family members and 4 PC-lovin friends ordered theirs - same ship time as what you stated 3-4 weeks. This thing is going to be HUGE! I know at least 10 PC users who will be purchasing these in the next month 0 way to go Apple!

3. panphage macrumors 6502

Looks like you had to buy on tuesday to get that delivery on the 22nd. And looks like a boatload of people did.

4. maya macrumors 68040

maya

Could be that the Apple Retail Stores and 3rd Party Stores are getting first pick. :)

Has anyone visited the Retail Stores and called warehouse resellers yet. :)

5. Rod Rod macrumors 68020

Rod Rod

I tried Amazon on Tuesday and it said March 14th. I tried other places but they were all charging tax or shipping. I finally ordered from Small Dog because they're offering free shipping right now (temporarily) and they don't charge tax in Illinois. But I have no idea when I'll get the Mac mini. I called Small Dog this afternoon and the sales guy said they don't even know when they'll have them to ship.

6. boneca macrumors 6502

It also could be because you ordered it customized. I placed ordered on 11 about 1 hour after the KeyNote finished and online store reopened. I ordered plane system not customized and now it still says that's is suppuse to ship on or before January 21 2005.

7. joey4127 macrumors 6502

joey4127

I ordered my Mac mini yesterday. I got the 1.42Ghz, 80gb, 512mb, Bluetoth. I need to receive it within 4 weeks, because i'm in Japan at the moment because of my dads job and my friend is comming from USA so he is supposed to bring it to me. It better get there before he leaves :p I got a 19" Flat screen LCD. And all the wirelless crap :D

8. bpd115 thread starter macrumors 6502a

bpd115

it's not the customization. As soon as the keynote was over I was configuring them like crazy and it still said "Delivery by the 22nd"..but she wasn't ready to buy because she had not seen it yet. As soon as she saw it she went crazy and fell in love with it.

I wish she would have went for the 1.42 but I doubt she'll notice the 170 Mhz.

9. takao macrumors 68040

takao

austria BTO:
    estimated : 3-4 weeks

and now i'm looking at an "on or before" of 17/2/2005

(still gotta transfer the money through wire transfer)

but the first time i configured it it weren't at 3-4 weeks but at 1-2 but i guess hat was just apple store under heavy load

stock ones are still on the 29th though

10. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

Interesting...

I ordered via Apple's Webstore at 10AM on the twelfth and I have a ship date of "on or before January 21st".

I ordered a 1.42 with 512MB of RAM so it's not a question of customization lead time.

I also checked the box for "ship items as they become available." It's a good thing too... the AppleCare kit will ship on or before February 2nd.

I should mention that I could drive to Apple's warehouse at the Port of Oakland (or even to Elk Grove if I had to) so it may also be about range...

I may also be in an area with enough Apple Retail stores that there's less online demand in my area.

Dunno... I'll keep posting as my order progresses. :)

11. ibookin' macrumors 65816

ibookin'

I just called the Apple Store Pasadena, CA location and they said that they are getting stock of both the Mac mini and the iPod Shuffle in January 22nd. I'd imagine that all Apple Retail Stores are getting them in at the same time.

They are selling both items on a first-come, first-serve basis, so get there early. I know I will be.

12. ruud macrumors regular

Ordered mine on Wednesday evening (one day after the keynote), it's expected to be shipped "on or before" 02/11. For the record, it's 1.42/512/80/airport.