Mac Mini shipping delays?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by jgelder, Feb 9, 2005.

1. jgelder macrumors newbie

I'm wondering if anyone else is having a similar experience....

I ordered a Mac mini with 512 K RAM and airport extreme on January 14, 2005. According to the Order Status the equipment would ship on or before February 14, 2005. On February 8, 2005 I checked the Order Status to discover the equipment was now scheduled to ship on March 10, 2005.

hoohmmm.....

I contacted the Apple store using Apple's online request form and the response was they were experiencing 'manufacturing delays'.

So I am wondering if my particular configuration was the hold up...is it Airport Extreme? More Ram, or the combination.

Anyone else?

2. Abulia macrumors 68000

Abulia

I guess "none of the above;" none of those components are special to the mini. When they say "manufacturing delays" in regards to the mini I'd take that to mean they are referencing the mini itself. A stock mini with no adjustments shows an "Estimated Ship: 2-3 weeks" on the Apple web page.

Nothing you can do. The mini is just in short supply.

3. baby duck monge macrumors 68000

baby duck monge

this is not exactly true. the BT/APE module is special to the mini from what i understant. that being said, all minis are experiencing delays (i know mine sure is :( ). you should have gotten an email about any delays from apple, though. weird that this is the first you heard of it. :confused:

4. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

My Mac mini order is the following:

Mac mini 1.42 GHz
    80 GB HD
    512 MB RAM
    BT module
    BT Keyboard & Mouse
    Keyspan Express Remote
    DVI to Video adapter

I ordered it the day after the Keynote, and estimated shipping date was "on or before 28-01"
    Up until 07-02 the estimated shipping date remained "on or before 28-01"....

Suddenly it shipped on 08-02, and today (09-02) I actually got it!
    (except for the DVI to Video adapter.... :( )

But, it really is worth waiting for!

5. feakbeak macrumors 6502a

feakbeak

I just ordered a 1.42 GHz / 512 MB / AE & BT cards / Combo Drive last night. Checking on Apple's site it says it should ship on or before 03-03-05.