Mac Mini shipping delays?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by willyhunt, Mar 7, 2005.

1. willyhunt macrumors member

willyhunt

Hi, my mac mini was suppose to have shipped on the 7/3 (UK Format) Its the 8th now - just. Anyway its still showing as open on the order page with a dispatch date of the 7/3. So I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing any delays with shipment of there mini?
    I am going to call apple in the morning and see but just wondered.

p.s its a; 1.25, with SD and 80GB BTO.

Thanks.

2. zpmqxonw macrumors newbie

My iBook was supposed to ship on or before 3/7 but as of now it is 5:08 March 7th, so I am doubtful. I wonder if delays like this are common?

3. willyhunt thread starter macrumors member

willyhunt

It wouldn't have been so bad had I not been waiting almost 5 weeks already. I guess I am just not that lucky.

4. Tuned MP5T macrumors regular

I read on here people either get their Mac mini early or later then the shipping date.

5. AliensAreFuzzy macrumors 68000

AliensAreFuzzy

I ordered mine on Feb. 20, with an expected shipping date of Mar. 15. Still nothing :(

6. Evad macrumors newbie

It's not just mac mini's that are delayed...

Two rather large threads on other Apple Forums.. Powerbooks, ibooks and Mini Mac's seems to be delayed, some as long as 4+ weeks. I am a switcher and am currently waiting on my first mac. It certainly is a test of patience waiting for this machine..

Check out the other forums here:

Apple Discussions
    http://discussions.info.apple.com/webx?13@999.1RJMaAhmQof.3@.68a79fbc/18

Apple Talk Australia Forum
    http://forums.appletalk.com.au/index.php?showtopic=5034

It's not a good first experience with Apple for some...

Dave

7. AliensAreFuzzy macrumors 68000

AliensAreFuzzy

8. baby duck monge macrumors 68000

baby duck monge

when i ordered my mini, they gave me one shipping date, then moved the date back about 1.5 weeks, then ended shipping it a little bit before the original ship date. it seems to be fairly random, but i think a lot of it has to do with people canceling orders as well as a change in order volume.

and fwiw, i love my new mini, and it was well worth the wait. you will be shocked at just how small it is if you have not seen one in person before. i knew the dimensions, but it's hard to imagine what that really means (it's slightly taller than a pack of matches, but shorter than a tube of chapstick for one...).