Mac mini ticking issue

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by dmateos, Sep 28, 2006.

1. macrumors newbie

Hey i woke up the smorning and my mac mini was making a odd ticking sound and the hdd noises seemed extra loud. a reboot fixed this but naturally i am still a little concerned.

2. macrumors 65816

Fleetwood Mac

You can check the SMART status by opening up applications/utilities/disk utility and selecting the drive. It probably isn't anything to worry about though.

3. Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Also, verify your disk while you're there (disk, not permissions). This'll take a while and may freeze up your machine momentarily, but it could help in finding any problems. :)

4. macrumors newbie

Yeah, thanks guys no errors in smart or disk test.

Usually such a thing wouldnt worry me but i am having another issue which may be related.

Somtimes when im typing stuff i notice it will lag then finish the rest of my word, its again not a big issue but its noticably anoying somtimes.

5. macrumors 65816

Fleetwood Mac

I have the same problem from time to time on my mini. Its not really a big deal either.. A system reinstall might help a bit, but is it really worth it?

6. macrumors newbie

I also have that issue on my 1.66 core duo. Could this be a firmware bug?

7. macrumors 68040

miniConvert

Do you have the Bluetooth keyboard? I do and always assumed that was the problem. It doesn't bother me too much, but i'd rather it wasn't there.