Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LastLine

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 24, 2005
Got a TV without a VGA or DVI connection and I'm just wondering if/how I can connect a Mac Mini to the TV. Anyone got any ideas? No SVIdeo, just scart or composite connections.

Jowl

macrumors 6502
Apr 13, 2006
UK
An Apple DVI to Svideo adapter connected to a scart connector with Svideo input should do.

telecomm

macrumors 65816
Nov 30, 2003
Rome
With Apple's DVI to video adaptor you can connect to composite video inputs. (This is the same adaptor that also has an S-Video connector, so it allows both for S-Video and composite output).

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
You want this. It has both S-Video *and* composite, so you can use it, even if you do not have S-Video....

m9267ga_125.gif

(EDIT: sorry, it was already answered while I was grabbing the image and the link, but at least I provided the link! :eek: ;) :D )

LastLine

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 24, 2005
telecomm said:
LastLine won't need that, since the television in question accepts composite video connections.

All LastLine needs (aside from a composite video cable) is the adaptor shown in the photo graciously provided by mkrishnan. ;) :D
All help much appreciated guys :) Now all I need to do is convince the parents that a core solo mini would be great as a media center for the old TV - if only to try and get them the bug to bite for a full mac conversion on their old PCs

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.