Mac Mini weird restart from sleep/screen sleep

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by Gary86, Jan 14, 2013.

1. macrumors member

Mar 22, 2012
    Hello everyone,

I have a 2012 Mac Mini that I've only had for 3 weeks. I've installed Crucial 16GB RAM and everything has been perfect. Starting about 1 day ago I noticed it doing this weird restart from waking from sleep. Usually at night I either put the computer to sleep via the Apple menu or I just put the displays to sleep by dragging my mouse into the bottom right corner (hot corners). When I wake up, I come downstairs and press the mouse/keyboard to wake it up and it wakes right up.

As of last night when I do the same thing it shows the white screen with the Apple logo like it does when you restart or shutdown. It takes a 2-3 mins to start up and acts like it would after restarting (status bar populates, apps open,). Chrome open with a message saying it was shutdown properly and asks if I want to restore my tabs.

I took a look at the logs but to be honest I have not a clue what I'm looking at. Only thing that stood out was a line reading "Goodnight Gracie....."

I appreciate any help.

Attached Files:

2. macrumors 603

Feb 15, 2009
    Toronto, Canada
    Reset the PRAM and do a disk check.

Put the factory RAM back in and see if the problem goes away.
  3. thread starter macrumors member

Mar 22, 2012
    I will try that when I get home. Thank you.
  4. macrumors demi-god

Jun 20, 2010
    Got the same screen with progress bar. In my case it was a bad Apple SSD.

5. thread starter macrumors member

Mar 22, 2012
    Thanks. I have a regular HD. I'm hoping it isn't something serious.
  6. thread starter macrumors member

Mar 22, 2012
    It was the Crucial RAM. Installed the factory 4GB and everything is fine. Crucial is sending me a new 16GB setup.