mac mini/with dual boot and games

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by macfan881, Apr 9, 2006.

1. macfan881 macrumors 68020

hey im thinking bout geting a mac mini and using boot camp i wana know how is the perfomace qualty manly games the reason why im askin is i mainly play Matrix online and i was wondering how the graphics run on games that requrie heavy graphics any input would be great thanks :)

2. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

You'd be better off with an iMac Core Duo, it has a better video card. You are looking at typical laptop PC performance levels with the Mini.

Locating the punctuation keys on your keyboard would also be a good idea; if you want good responses from the forum, making your posts more legible is a start.

3. macfan881 thread starter macrumors 68020

ok thanks alot. I would love to get a imac but im tight on money. so the only way if i can get a computer right now is if i sell my computer and have a good tax refund but if money wasnt an object id deffintly get a imac

4. Whiteapple macrumors regular

Whiteapple

I suggest you read that thread...

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=191988

My mistake was that since games are not multithread apprently you dont get 2x1,66ghz. Nevertheless, you aparently get similar performances to a 6800 Ultra if you buy an iMac...strange.:confused:

5. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

I have a Mac mini Core Duo w/ 1 GB RAM, and have XP SP2 Pro as Boot Camped 2nd OS :)D)

I have installed and played just a few games, but it could give you some idea:

- EA Sports F1 '99-'02, and EA Need For Speed Porsche 2000 (=Porsche unlimited), and all settings MAX.
    No problems what so ever. Games run perfectly smooth! Man, am I having fun with these classics. :)

I haven't played the real testers, i.e. Doom 3 & Half Life 2.
    I will be testing Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2. I assume this will be one of the latest games which can be handled pretty easy by the onboard grfx.