1. EJBasile macrumors 65816

EJBasile

Hello,

I am considering buying a Mac Mini. I have a few questions. When will they be able to be purchased at the apple store (like i can walk out with one). Also how should i get 512 or 1GB of Ram. 1.25 or 1.42GHz processor?

Thanks,
    EJBasile

2. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

If you're just looking for a casual intro to the Mac, I would go for the 1.25ghz version. If you want to do some video or music stuff (using the great iLife suite) then you should go for the 1.42ghz for the extra hard drive space and raw speed.

3. blodwyn macrumors 65816

Theoretically you should be able to buy one this Saturday, but I imagine they will sell out real quick. Definitely worth calling before you go and/or getting there when they open.

There are many options for buying RAM if you're prepared to open up the Mini yourself, or pay the Genius to do it for you. Go to Ramseeker.com and take a look - they have the Mac Mini listed. I bought my PB memory from MemoryToGo and had great service. If you don't want to mess with the Mini then you'll have to order it with what you want.

How much RAM and what speed processor? Depends on what you will do with the system. For fairly ordinary use then 512Meg and 1.25GHz is probably OK. For more serious use (Graphics, Movie editing, Music creating, many apps running simultaneously) then 1Gig RAM + the 1.42GHz proc is best. You also get a bigger disk with the faster proc too.

4. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

Here you go.

Attached Files:

5. carpet macrumors member

Just curious here if anyone knows how fast the mini mac's hd is in rpm's?