Mac mini

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by zap2, Aug 13, 2005.

1. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

My grand mom has a 42'' plasma Gateway TV with a Gateway PC running windows media center. She is moving to a smaller home (an addition ot my own home) She is looking for a computer that is smaller in size then her current PC to save space in her new home and i was like Mac mini. So now im looking into a new mac mini for her and making sure it works with her current screen. It says to connet a computer using DVI plug in the DVI from you couter to ur screen then lug in your audio jacks on your computer to your screen. and thats all i was reading on the mac mini and it seems like it has all that so im just making sure my mini will wok with the screen Will it work with my 42'' plasma Gateway TV ?

2. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

Someone can correct me, but I don't think you want to use a plasma as a regular/daily computer display. You'll suffer major burn-in.

3. reberto macrumors 65816

reberto

no

No, that is if you have a projection TV. I have a 42' plasma hooked up to my iBook and I have NO burn-in. BTW, I use it every day for 4+ hrs.

4. AstrosFan macrumors 6502

AstrosFan

If you look at the Gateway's specifications here and the Mac Mini's specs here, it looks like you could potentially use either DVI directly, OR S-video or composite video after purchasing the Apple DVI-to-video adapter.
    As best as I can tell without having done it personally, this should work just fine.

Best wishes!