Mac minis at Target

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by enginerd, Jan 21, 2005.

1. enginerd macrumors member

I noticed Target is starting to sell Mac minis, though there's a 2-6 week wait for them. If you're willing to wait, you can use coupon code TCTENJANUARY to get 10% off. This coupon also works for iPods. :cool:
    You will likely be charged tax since target is just about everywhere :( , but maybe for some people, it will be a good deal.

2. deral macrumors regular

deral

3. SuperChuck macrumors 6502

SuperChuck

Target rocks.

4. parrothead macrumors 6502a

parrothead

A target is coming soon to Hawaii. I believe that they are opening one near Costco in Kalihi. Also, they are building a best buy right there too.

5. deral macrumors regular

deral

6. xy14 macrumors 6502

xy14

Target

I love Target more than any other store in the world (except the Apple Store.) But, Target is really stupid with their planning of locations.

Here's the deal. There is a Target in Elk River on US-169. This road turns into MN-101 about 1 mile ahead of Target, and they are putting a SuperTarget there, which wouldn't be incredibly, stupid except for there's another SuperTarget about another 5 miles down the road.

I hope they sell Mac Minis in the stores, just imagine a Mac Mini at every Target. $$$.

7. Koree macrumors 6502

Hope a lot of people will buy em... Maybe some people who don't go into target looking for a computer will see em and it'll make em think... :eek:

8. DanTekGeek macrumors 6502

I work at target.
    Im going to see if I can get put on electronics once we get them in, so I can extol the wonders of Mac. I get a 10% discount as it is, but I wonder if I can use both discounts at the same time....

9. pigbat macrumors regular

Yes but Minneapolis is the land of Target. I'm moving out to St. Michael this summer and was pleased there is one a few miles from the new house. Right now I live about a mile away and love the convenience.

10. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

Target is much better than Wal-Mart. I mean Wal-Mart should be called "Walk on what your about to buy-Mart" :cool:

11. friarbayliff macrumors regular

I'll second that. Minnesota is overrun with Targets. I'm excited to hear that they'll have mac minis though.

12. sjpetry macrumors 65816

sjpetry

I don't know how many Mac purists will want to buy their Mac at Target.

Just a thought. :cool:

13. mcmav37 macrumors 6502

The Mac mini is not designed for Mac purists. It is designed for just the type of people who would shop for a computer at Target... people who will choose on price--possibly over substance. That's why this is so great.

14. Littleodie914 macrumors 68000

Littleodie914

Could someone elaborate a bit on this for me, please? Like is Target selling orders for them, or in a few weeks will you actually be able to drive to Target, pick up a Mac Mini box, and take one home with you? Are they on display, or plugged into any for that matter?

15. SuperChuck macrumors 6502

SuperChuck

Mac purists WILL buy from Target if they know what's good for them. Lots of Mac sales mean Target will carry more Mac stuff which means Apple software and peripherals become available nationwide.

EDIT: Except, apparently, on some Hawaiian Isles. Sorry guys.

EDIT: Why am I saying sorry - you live in Freakin' Hawaii!

16. deral macrumors regular

deral

Maybe I should move to Minnesota then.

17. SiliconAddict macrumors 603

SiliconAddict

What rocks is that I know someone who works at Target. They get 20% off all purchases. Suffice it to say I am going to be asking for a "favor". :D

18. SiliconAddict macrumors 603

SiliconAddict

Only if you can handle -10* or worse weather. I had to be up in Duluth last week. Nothing like -30* weather to make you feel alive and make your bits fall off. :eek: :D

19. SiliconAddict macrumors 603

SiliconAddict

Target Corp's corp HQ is based out of Minneapolis so yes. Yes it the land of the raising Target. :D

20. deral macrumors regular

deral

aaah, i'd die. It was raining here today, so now it's cold. Weatherchannel.com says that it's 72 degrees right now, and my feet are shivering under my blankies.

But i'm pretty sure Target has warm shoe thingies, so I'd be covered.

21. alywa macrumors 6502

Target and the Mac Mini

Actually, Target is considered (along with Starbucks) as being on the cutting edge of targeting urban and suburban growth. Many of their choices of where stores go do seem odd at first glance, but look around at stores that have been open for 5 or so years. You'll see tremendous growth around them, not just in retail space, but often in population growth.

It is usually a good bet to invest in property in a neighborhood with an under construction Target.

-alywa

22. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

OT: But companies like Target do a great deal of planning on where they place their stores. It is incredibly expensive to open a store that large. What seems folly to us, makes sense to them.

23. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

To make it work though, they need to put them in the stores too.

I wonder if Best Buy will add the Mac mini to their stores after availability picks up?

24. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

If discounts are right they will.